PDA

View Full Version : If you find the stupidest player you have ever seen....do you follow..

boondockst
01-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Do you follow him around like a little puppy everywhere he goes hoping he calls your AA pushes preflop?

Hand 1:

This guy is in the SB with Q5o and calls a 3.5xBB raise.

He CALLS all-in 7 bucks (that's 70xBB of course) on a flop where he picks up bottom pair and a backdoor flush draw....promptly loses to a KJo that made 2p..

Hand 2:

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($36.65)
Button ($9.65)
SB <font color="#A500AF">(Idiot)</font> ($2.35)
BB ($10.80)
UTG ($15.95)
MP1 ($14.88)
Hero ($10.31)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, CO calls $0.35, Button folds, SB <font color="#A500AF">(Idiot)</font> calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Idiot checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.15) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Idiot bets $1.15</font>, Hero calls $1.15, CO folds.

River: ($3.45) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Idiot bets $0.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $0.85.

Final Pot: $5.15

Results in white below:
Idiot has Ad 3s (one pair, sevens).
Hero has 9h Qh (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins $5.15.

I know i prob. shouldn't have called the bet on the turn but i figured he had rags (that beat me at the time) and literally hadn't played a hand in 3 orbits and had a good feeling. Couldn't believe he lead out on the river...almost expected to see 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something.....i don't know how he mustered the courage to throw that last bit in there, knowing that a hand as sucky as 32o (my most frequent starting hand on UB by far through 1.5K hands) beats him...

So if i can find this guy at my table of choice (UB 0.05/0.10 NL) and have no other criteria to pick a table should i go to his? Anybody done something like this?

DBowling
01-09-2005, 08:54 AM
i wont comment on your play or his play, but there are times ill wait for a table with a big fish if i see he's got a big stack. I have one guy negative 25bb/100 over something like 1500 hands. Thats just sick. Thats good money too. I play on two part skins at a time, so its no trouble for me to sit at 5 tables and play, while waiting for my 6th table to be the one with the Real Big Fish. And if theres an empty seat at his table, yes, ill take it everytime.

Sponger15SB
01-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I saw a guy the other night call a $9 push on $25nl with 85s, then do some other similarly insane things in like 30 hands, he left, so I followed him.

He sat at a $50nl and a $100nl, I followed to both, then he went to a $15/30 table, then back to two $50's and I went to both of those.

1 hand at $25nl:

I raise preflop with AQ, he reraises, I push, he calls with KJo, I win.

1 hand at $50nl:

I'm in the BB with TT, he is on the button, he calls preflop, I raise to $5, he limp reraises to $15, I push, he calls.

He has A4. I do not win the hand.

ugly24
01-09-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 hand at $50nl:

I'm in the BB with TT, he is on the button, he calls preflop, I raise to $5, he limp reraises to $15, I push, he calls.

He has A4. I do not win the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he won then he made the right play! (and since I don't have enough posts here for you to KNOW that I'm being sarcastic) - I AM BEING SARCASTIC

I have a buddy list on the sites I play and first thing I do when I log on is open the buddy list and see if I can sit with my "buddies!" If the fish of choice aren't on I'll find a random table, but I'm always looking for fish I know first.

As for the original posters play... if I was watching the hand that he played Q9s I might add him to my buddy list.

Play Well!
/images/graemlins/crazy.gifThe Ugly One! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ps : Sponger - didn't you just know that Marty was going to find a way to screw that game up last night! I'm a bitter bitter Charger fan today! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TrailofTears
01-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Marty did nothing to screw that game up. It was that damn Iowa Hawkeye (I'm a Wisconsin fan) kicker who pushes the 30 yarder wide. Between that game and the Packers losing today, I have no hopes in the playoffs.

- ToT

ugly24
01-10-2005, 01:13 AM
it was a 40 yarder! HUGE difference if you're going to roll out a rookie kicker to win a playoff game in OT. The offense was ROLLING at that point. The Jet D had been on the field for like 20 straight minutes (I think when Pennington came out Al said "its been 25 real life minutes..."). Marty got to a 40yd FG distance and said "lets not turn the ball over - this is good enough" and ran 3 straight into the line. Its the type of crap he's done his entire NFL life! Its why he loses playoff games. Drew has been very good at protecting the ball this year and LT never fumbles... you have to get closer than that if you have a chance and they did...

Marty screwed it up.. coach of the year my arse!

Sorry, I know this doesn't belong here, but I'm po'd!

Angry and Ugly = Bad combination!!!

creedofhubris
01-10-2005, 01:21 AM
In hand #2, your turn call of a pot-sized bet heads-up with a queen-high draw is very poor.

boondockst
01-10-2005, 03:15 AM
thanks for the advice on the turn....

This guys' horrible play continues...

Hand #3898473-3294 at Agadez (No Limit Hold'em)