PDA

View Full Version : too passive?

jt1
01-09-2005, 05:52 AM
1/2 way through a PP $33 buy-in NL tourney. Blinds are 75-150. I have t650. SB isn't crazy, but on the aggressive side. He has t3000. I have Ac 4d

Folded to SB who completes. I check. ???

10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks. I check??

rag. SB bets. I fold

Hand 2 is almost the exact same situation. HU against a guy with aggressive tendencies. I have about 600 chips. He has me covered 4x over.

Folded to him in CO. He calls. Folded to me in BB who checks with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check. He bets 150. I fold.

I was in survial mode, and in both situations I thought if I bet, I'd be either put all-in and would be forced to call or would win a small pot that really wouldn't buy me any time. At best, I thought that the small stack I'd win would be double if I won my inevitable all-in that was coming up.

zaxx19
01-09-2005, 06:17 AM
2nd hand is an auto push 2 overs and nut flush draw is as good as it gets there. 1st on is fine depending on your reads..I like to limp a weak ace alot short handed.

JaBlue
01-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Hand one: push before the flop. You beat a random hand and you desperately need to double up. If you take his blind (and the one you save yourself) you have done very well.

Hand two: again push before the flop. Seeing that you didn't, push on the flop.

zaxx19
01-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Just reread the post sorry ...didnt see you only had 650 here push preflop like other guy said...

KingDiamond
01-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Preflop push both, if not your style then Hand 1 play is ok ?

Hand 2 not so.

He is aggressive so most likely will bet when it is checked to him. If you had gone all-in on flop (bet 450 to 375). He likely folds weaker hands. Now you checked and he bet. Push here (bet 450 to 525) would have been nice as he might call with something like QT with one heart. If not then you made extra 150 that, although not much extra, are very valuable in this situation.