PDA

View Full Version : When do you reload?

smoore
01-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Searched a little bit, found some threads containing opinions and recommendations on when to reload at a SSNLHE table. I cut my teeth on poker playing NL SnG tourns and have recently been concentrating on my SSLHE play. I miss NLHE and figure I can beat it in soft games too. I am of the opinion that you need more chips than the poor players and will always start with the max. Given that information...

TrailofTears
01-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Rebuy? Tell me more.

No, I usually keep it at at least the full buy-in. I like to have the maximum amount to win when I have the best of it, and I like to be able to let go of hands that I should without feeling committed. I am always the most at ease with the biggest stack I can gather. In terms of how many buy-ins will I get, I don't rebuy more than twice at a table. Is that what you are asking for?

- ToT

smoore
01-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Exactly, thanks. And no, I won't tell you my party login /images/graemlins/wink.gif This question came up because I was just playing a great (as in he sucks) player at a good (lots of VP$IP, little raising) game and he busted me twice... both times I had the best of it by 3:1 or better when the money went in and I KNEW IT. So I don't want to leave this game but I'm starting to wonder when enough is enough as there were a couple TAGs at the table and no one but the one villian was a serious donkey. Typical donkeys, but this guy was just a whole fishin' pond by himself.

SirArthur
01-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I always top off. If I'm in the blinds in a $1/2 NL game, and don't win the BB hand, and fold the SB, I'll add that final three to top off again.

BigF
01-10-2005, 02:42 AM
In my opinion, if you believe you are a winning player you should always refill when you are a couple bucks below the max buyin.

The only downside to that practice is that an observant player will soon spot you as a solid player. If you consistently lose money on poker, why would you refill that often? Just to lose it even faster?