PDA

View Full Version : Notetakers

01-21-2002, 01:28 AM
I have played hours and hours of internet poker on all sites but I have never taken notes. I know some of you have extensive notes on different players. My question is, how much do you think this helps you. I know some of the players but I don't write down specific hands or anything. Also, what exactly do you keep track of? Do you use a computer? Thanks in advance.

01-21-2002, 02:10 AM
After playing awhile with a player, over several sessions I will give a player a rating(1 to 9, best to worst) and note their over-all playing style(tight passive-very loose ag). Also anything odd that maybe useful, like say....bobcards is tiltable in a ring game. Stuff like that.

I use StarOffice 5.1 and have, after a sort, the players in today's game right below the poker game on the screen. I have used the piece of cardboard and the post notes to keep track of just the "live" ones. Now granted , there is some pleasure in spitting on their index card when they draw out which you lose when you go to a database. My databases have notes on a couple of thousand players that I have played with. Some entries have no more than the name, but others are pretty a accurate judge of how someone plays. It's surprising how quickly you forget someone who raises 53s UTG.

With my meager poker skills this is the only thing keeping my head above water.

MS Sunshine

01-21-2002, 03:05 PM
Interesting. What is StarOffice? Also, I couldn't agree with you more a forgetting info about players. Many times I have thought to myself I'll never forget about that hand, and then the next day I can't remember the guys name who played it, just his icon. I wonder where I rank in the MS SUNSHINE 1-9 system.

01-21-2002, 04:19 PM
What's your screen name. My e-mail is mssunshine@infowest.com.

Don't ask questions that you don't want to hear the answer though.:)

MS Sunshine