PDA

View Full Version : Raptors o48.5 Wins -115

10-22-2001, 10:23 AM
Olympic has Raptors o/u48.5 Wins, most other places I've seen o/u49.5. Both look good to me.

The Toronto Raptors had 47 wins last year.

Midway thru last season they transformed from a old, slow team to a young, athletic team.

The team went 19-9 after the trade deadline which saw the arrival of Jerome Williams and Chris Childs along with the move of Alvin Williams to starting PG.

You should see improved play from Vince, A.Williams and Morris Peterson.

If nothing else the addition of Hakeem brings a champion's presence to the locker room and court.

The Raptors have a very deep and versatile bench (though they could use a 3rd PG).

The players get along well, have good chemisty, are confident and are hungry to improve on last year.

52-54 wins this season.

10-22-2001, 04:46 PM
Agree completely.. The Raptors this year seem to be going in with the attitude of a winner... As you mentioned, they barely even got a chance to play together as a whole team last year, and I think we still have yet to see the best that Vince, Alvin, Jerome, Childs, and Clark can offer.. Only question mark is how will Antonio make the switch from centre.. If you can even call that a question mark...

The one thing that I like about this team as compared to last year is that I would be confortable in the teams ability to make the play-offs if Vince goes down to injury.. knock on wood..

With the injury plaqued 76ers, the question marks surrounding Orlando's top men, and the inability of the Knicks to add anything worthwhile (although no LJ is a start), I'm looking for the first half to be all Milwaukee and Raptors in the East.. 50 wins for this team would be a disappointment...