PDA

View Full Version : Basher motivation

01-20-2002, 09:54 PM
I am (somewhat) curious about the motiviation behind the continued attacks on on-line poker in general and Paradise Poker in particular I see on this forum. Are these primarily just people who have lost at Paradise and are trying to get revenge? Or are they people with moral convictions against gambling? Those who continue to site the supposed mafia control of this business are the most puzzling. Why do they care so vehemently what I do with my money? If I, as they say, choose to be a sucker, so what?

I'm sure this will get responses from all parties but I'm must curious what the regular contributors here have to say about this.

01-20-2002, 10:27 PM
I'm a stat nut and I just can't believe Paradise is honest given the deals I've seen. I still play there and have been a net winner in 1999, 2000 and 2001. My motivation is that of a classic shit disturber.

Also, I'm a net winner at PokerSpot (not counting the $550 bum marker), Highlands, poker.com. Even at Truepoker and another one I can't remember. I'm $100 stuck at Delta. I have no complaints with the card distributions at these joints.

01-20-2002, 11:06 PM
That almost makes sense, but not quite. If you're a stats nut, have you analyzed the millions of hands that PP has made available to the public? People who have analyzed them found no anomolies.

Instead, you and a few others continue to post these accusations with no proof, just that you feel something is wrong.

As someone mentioned in an earlier message, they speculated that all these online bashers must be from competing poker sites who try to steal business from each other by discredting each other. Needless to say, it doesn't do that at all because most people recognize those messages as just that.

But I do have a question. You say the same things over and over. Is there anything anyone (PP or otherwise) could say that would ever convince you that the cards are all random and there's nothing fishy going on? If the answer is yes, I'd be curious to know what that is.

If the answer is no, why do you bother continuing to post the same messages over and over? Those who believe things are on the level will never be convinced of what you're saying, and they'll never convince you. So what's the point?

01-21-2002, 12:43 AM
they are all morons and losers.

01-21-2002, 12:59 AM
#1 reason I do this: I like a spirited debate and I'm a stubborn SOB. I do almost nothing that I don't enjoy.

#2 I want to warn the potential unwitting victims even though this might cost me some small earn.

#3 I truly believe that many people shill for Paradise in order to keep the aquarium fish filled be they independent or employees. They may also know deep in their hearts that the game is crooked or be collusive cheats themselves. This pisses me off more than you can know.

What it take to convince me they're honest: That bridge was burned when Nolan Dalla was denied the access to their software that may have proven them honest. To me that was proof enough that they are currently crooked. Perhaps in the future a well recognized audit of their cleaned up software might convince me going forward but the past is a done deal.

01-21-2002, 01:04 AM
" If you're a stats nut, have you analyzed the millions of hands that PP has made available to the public?"

Do you really believe they would release hands that were non-random? That's suicide, stupid and damn bad business. On thing you'll never find me accusing Paradise of and that's being poor businessmen.

01-21-2002, 04:30 AM
What it take to convince me they're honest: That bridge was burned when Nolan Dalla was denied the access to their software that may have proven them honest. To me that was proof enough that they are currently crooked. Perhaps in the future a well recognized audit of their cleaned up software might convince me going forward but the past is a done deal.

----

You really expect them to give outside access to their source code? Try asking Microsoft for their source and see what they say.

Anyway, wouldn't it be a simple matter for them to just provide a sanitised version of the software to whoever was doing the audit? That would be a simpler thing to do than providing 1,000,000 consecutive unrigged flops, I would have thought.

Chris

01-21-2002, 11:43 AM
"You really expect them to give outside access to their source code?"

At one point this was offered. When it looked likely that Nolan Dalla would actually make the trip with experts to analize the outfit the offer was withdrawn. Draw your own conclusions.

Side note: ChrisVWH strikes me as one of the most statistics and mathematics ignorant, least computer savy person that posts arguments here. I give him close to zero weight on those subject though he finds the need to argue them often.

01-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Your just another Tim McVeigh nut case that doesn't trust the FBI. Maybe your more like David Koresh and are a disciple of the church of Paradise Poker..CLippings from Congressional investigations will now be published every day for a month to drill into you degenerates that you are at best supporters of international money laundering, and quite possibly contributors to international terrorists.

YOu asked for it, idiot.

01-21-2002, 03:11 PM
That's right. People who openly defy the US Government and say that the FBI ar full of shit are all morons and losers. It's sad you have such a low self opinion of yourself.