PDA

View Full Version : How bad is this play?

tac252
01-09-2005, 02:02 AM
9 players left in a Party SNG ($10+$1)

Blinds are 25/50. My stack is 1095.

I have AA UTG. I raise it to 175. I get 3 callers, all behind me.

Flop falls:
4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I have all but one guy covered. I shove.

How bad is this play? What would you guys have done differently? Results below in white.
<font color="white">
The one guy I don't have covered calls and shows me 66. I get busted.</font>

Jman28
01-09-2005, 02:19 AM
It's not very bad at all. I think I'd play it the same. Don't sweat it man. You put in the raise PF, and he called and hit. You have no way of knowing. You usually might get a flush draw to call this push, or 88-KK.

-Jman28

wiggs73
01-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Nothing wrong with this at all. This is one of those fun times in poker when you have Aces and you're going broke with them. It happens on occasion.

IvyGrizzly
01-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Not much you can do, players in SngS seem to love to sit around on those middle pairs and then hit trips. The odds are hugely against it, so don't feel too bad because generally they'll call all-ins anyway when they miss and you'll bust them.

adanthar
01-09-2005, 03:42 AM
So I'm quad tabling the 50+5's today when I get AK or KK or some such hand on the lower right table at the same time as I get tens in EP on the lower left table. It's level 3 and I have chips so I limp and stop paying attention because the other hand's developing and I've gotta take that pot down.

In the middle of that, it beeps at me so I switch back to the lower left (I have a little bit of overlap) and discover that some fish bet into me on a 9 high, raggedy flop. I move the slider over to make a standard raise, but then the other hand gets interesting again and I quickly switch back.

By the time I get back over to the lower left table ten seconds later, two things have apparently happened: a)I moved the slider too far to the right and went all in for 1700, and b)the fish thought about it, called with A9o, and now I'm chip leader.

In conclusion, this is a good play because A7 calls.

Daliman
01-09-2005, 04:07 AM
My question is; where exactly do you think you can get off your hand here?

tac252
01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
After I made the play I just felt that if anyone is gonna call me in this situation they have me beat. Thus making this bet have practically no positive value and just occasionally get me busted out of SNGS. Maybe a lot of hands will call the PF raise but after the bet on the flop its pretty obvious what I'm holding.

But according to you guys I will get more than enough calls to make this bet on the flop more than profitable.

Thanks for all the responses, they were all helpful.