PDA

View Full Version : 93 hours w/o power

SlyAK
01-09-2005, 01:47 AM
Had a power outage of just less than 4 days, here at my house just south of Wichita, KS due to a major ice storm. The power went out at 3 pm Tuesday and came back at noon today.

My wife and I were staying with friends who had power which was cool, but it's good to be home. It was a bit crowded, as they are in a 2-bedroom apartment.

Anyone else impacted by the bad weather this week?

Sly

augie00
01-09-2005, 02:29 AM
My friend Audra goes to Taylor University. She went back to school on Monday the 3rd, and got back Tuesday the 4th because the ENTIRE COLLEGE didn't have power. She's still at home, so I'm assuming they haven't gotten it back yet.

Richard Tanner
01-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah my friend goes to Ball State (I'm at IU) and they were without.

Cody

Asnbabe
01-09-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Had a power outage of just less than 4 days, here at my house just south of Wichita, KS due to a major ice storm. The power went out at 3 pm Tuesday and came back at noon today.

My wife and I were staying with friends who had power which was cool, but it's good to be home. It was a bit crowded, as they are in a 2-bedroom apartment.

Anyone else impacted by the bad weather this week?

Sly

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't your pipes freeze?

SlyAK
01-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Nope, we let the water drip a little to help prevent that from happening. The lowest temperature I saw inside was 39 degrees anyway.

Sly

AngryCola
01-09-2005, 05:54 AM
I was affected... obviously.

Maize & Kellogg

We got lucky, because we are on the edge of town. We lost power the first night it all happened. We were without power from 4 PM through 9 AM the next morning. It got incredibly cold. Still, I can't imagine how some people are dealing with STILL not having any power.
They say, what, 36,000 in Wichita still don't have power? People less than a mile way from us are still dark. It's amazing how many power trucks from across the country have come to town. I forget how many states, but it's quite a lot. I was driving behind a caravan of trucks from West Virginia and Alabama yesterday.

Definitely the worst (and wildest) ice storm I have ever witnessed. It missed out on a lot of national coverage due to the Tsunami. Every time I think about how bad it's been here, I just remind myself of all the people who had to deal with the Tsunami in other countries.