PDA

View Full Version : IPod QUestions/Suggestions?

IggyWH
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
I was thinking about buying an IPod with some of my poker winnings. I figure it would be great for work because my desk is in a first floor garage and I get very bad reception on my radio. I'm also hardly at my desk and don't have a chance to carry around my radio. Anyone have any advice for me on what I should look out for if I get one? Should I say screw IPod and go with a cheaper brand? Is there somewhere I can get one cheaper (seems like they're the same price everywhere)? Are they a pain to load song on (ie should I go with a 20gig one over a 4 gig one)? Anything else you may think I would want to know.

sfer
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
I love mine and I'm pretty retarded, technology-wise. Loading songs is a breeze if they're already ripped.

Tosh
01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Easy to load songs, easy to use, iPods are worth every penny. You're better off with 20 gig so you don't have to have a silly coloured one.

plaster8
01-09-2005, 05:33 AM
With a Mac, iPods are fantastic. I don't know how the iPod experience is with a PC. I would recommend going with a 20-gig, depending on how much music you have. I filled up a 10-gig iPod fairly quickly.

Plus, the iPod Mini (4 gigs) costs $249, I think. A 20-gig iPod is only $50 more -- a much better deal, comparitively, unless having a colored iPod means a lot to you. The Minis, obviously, are a little smaller, but it's not like the 20- or 40-gig models are tanks.

As for prices, Apple has never discounted much, so it's unlikely you'll find the iPods anywhere at cut-rate prices (except maybe eBay). I have seen them on occasion at Costco, however, selling for about $20 below list for the 40-gig model. Don't know if they have the 20-gig, but I'm pretty sure they don't have Minis.

Good luck!

emonrad87
01-09-2005, 05:36 AM
I got a 40 GB one for christmas, and MY GOD do i love it. I also have Bose Quiet Comfort 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones which are amazing. I get better sound from that than you would get from a normal radio.

iPods are definately +EV (can i say that here?)

MarkL444
01-09-2005, 05:58 AM
i hear a lot of people saying that they got different headphones for their iPod. im still using the regular white ones it came with, and i always thought that they sounded pretty good. am i missing out on something? i dont listen to anything with a lot of bass.

Asnbabe
01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
I recommend getting an Ipod and if you're still in school, get it online. its 10% off if you go to the ipod sight and select your school and buy it through the school store, plus shipping is free and my engraving was free(not sure if that was a promotion) plus some of the accessories are cheaper too -_- unfortunately you still have to pay for taxes...but you can walk away getting a 20gb for less than $300 (if you go to duke buy it at school for $250)

IggyWH
01-09-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recommend getting an Ipod and if you're still in school, get it online. its 10% off if you go to the ipod sight and select your school and buy it through the school store, plus shipping is free and my engraving was free(not sure if that was a promotion) plus some of the accessories are cheaper too -_- unfortunately you still have to pay for taxes...but you can walk away getting a 20gb for less than $300 (if you go to duke buy it at school for $250)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that info. It's only 10% off though. I got $150 in Amazon.com gift certificates so I figured I'd just use them towards an ipod.