PDA

View Full Version : The Flash Mind Reader

Dynasty
01-08-2005, 09:37 PM
This things are freaky when you don't understand them.

The Flash Mind Reader (http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/mindread/psychicSparkle.swf)

Lazymeatball
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Do you consider basic algebra freaky?

edit: ok rather than argue and say that any moron could figure this one out, I'll just change the solution to white text below.
<font color="white"> Let your 2 digit number be represented by XY.
You are told to take your original number and subtract the sum of the two digits from it, and then think of that symbol.

(10X+Y) - (X+Y) = 9x, and what a surprise, every multiple of 9 on that chart has the same symbol.

ps. I almost feel smart enough to go look in the probability forum after that, but BruceZ scares me. </font>

Sorry, didn't mean to crap on your thread. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Thats really cool, but it started to get them wrong.

Dynasty
01-08-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You did the math wrong.

Dynasty
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I wanted to ruin it for others who haven't seen it yet, I would have posted the explanation myself.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, i was just doing poor math.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-08-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let your 2 digit number be represented by XY.
You are told to take your original number and subtract the sum of the two digits from it, and then think of that symbol.

(10X+Y) - (X+Y) = 9x, and what a surprise, every multiple of 9 on that chart has the same symbol.

ps. I almost feel smart enough to go look in the probability forum after that, but BruceZ scares me.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was obviously a math trick, but it tricked me bacause i didnt notice that the symbols changed.