PDA

View Full Version : Party 15 - QTs Blind Steal

MarkD
01-08-2005, 08:24 PM
My opponent is 50.6% VPIP and 17.7 PFR. So he is fairly loose aggressive.

How SHOULD I have played this hand and why?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.66 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.83 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.83 BB

MarkD
01-09-2005, 02:16 PM
No thoughts on this one? This almost feels like chip spewing but giving up too soon seems weak. I almost feel like I should follow through with a river bet here but am not sure.

These hands come up a fair bit - you raise from late position on a semi-steal and get called and you assert your initiative but have no idea where you are at the river and you have less than ace high.

DeeJ
01-09-2005, 02:20 PM
eee-yu.

If matey boy is loose/passive (not tight/aggressive) I play it like you, trying to get him to fold, possibly even betting the river. If he's tight I check-raise the flop and if he's still there at the turn and I don't improve, check-fold and move on. And fold to a 3-bet (almost always) on the flop. But blind play is high variance, you can't become predictable /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: I see you describe him as loose/aggressive. Which fits into neither category. I think I play it like you and see what he had that he played like that.

MarkD
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Deej,

Thank you for your insights - it's refreshing.

How would you play it if your opponent is loose and semi-agressive? (as he was in this hand)

[ QUOTE ]
eee-yu.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you hate my play or just hate this situation?

DeeJ
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
The situation.

I hate playing vs the blinds when they don't keel over nicely like what they're supposed to /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I edited the post to say that I probably play it like you to see what he had for next time...

MarkD
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
He's also not in the blinds - he's the button and I'm CO, but I feel like I can't control that aspect of the hand since my hand is surely worth a raise from the CO.