PDA

View Full Version : Do you intend to use any of these funds for gamb..

01-17-2002, 08:14 PM
When I check yes(on FirePay)my credit card deposit is denied. I don't know if I should lie. What do others do?

01-17-2002, 08:43 PM
It's not "gambling" if you have a +EV right?

Your doing something that may be illegal anyway, so go ahead and lie. Alll you are doing is saying you wont sue them for letting you gamble if you lose your shirt.

Of course, I'm no lawyer.

Paul Talbot

01-18-2002, 12:19 AM
just like buying insurance. Is insurance gambling? sure is - you are betting that you will have an accident.

Do others call buying insurance gambling? no. Thus - Playing poker is not gambling.

(do you think that will hold up in court?)

01-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Use paypal with your checking account and avoid all these issues.

Jeff

01-18-2002, 10:39 AM
You're not gambling, you're grinding.

01-18-2002, 11:28 AM

01-18-2002, 12:15 PM
nm

01-18-2002, 11:47 PM
I was hit with the same question, and I encountered the same rejection when answering "Yes". So much for honesty getting you far in life!

Upon changing the answer to "No", I was approved, and I immediately bought into Party Poker with no trouble.

One problem: It was submitted as a "cash advance", which means that I'm going to be stuck with a $20 "cash advance" fee on my card, plus interest! (This is levied by the bank, and has nothing to do with Firepay.) It's a shame that Firepay couldn't submit it as a "purchase", like they used to.

A way to avoid the "cash advance problem" is to simply use a check (debit) card, which is not subject to such fees. However, I have not tried my check card on Firepay, so I'm not sure if it works.

Why has Firepay added this "Are you gambling" question? My best guess is that it's a way to cover themselves if your credit card company comes back to them and claims that they "didn't know" their customer was using the card for gambling.

There has been a big issue with credit card chargebacks on gambling sites lately. I presume that this is a way to avoid it.

-Dan Druff

01-19-2002, 04:02 PM
I emailed Firepay asking them why the "gambling question" was there and to please remove it. They replied that it is now a requiremnt by the Credit Card Companies to post this question.

As for me I answer "yes" first, if it is denied then I answer "no". Some of my cards accept "yes" others I have to say "no".

It's none of their dam business anyway.

It infuriates me, but like the rest of us if I want to use a CC and firepay I'll have to abide by there Gestapo rules.

Yvonne