PDA

View Full Version : Triple Draw Lowball Books?

Mike J
01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey all,

So my poker adventure started with hold em, (as most do) followed by an interest in Omaha 8b, which I have been playing for a few months now, almost exclusively. After getting the new book Super System 2 by playing at Doyle Brunson's website, I have read Daniel Negranu's section on TDL and taken a great interest in it. What other book's are there on Triple draw, and which ones are recommended?

Thanks in advance.

MEbenhoe
01-08-2005, 05:14 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any other books on this game.

JR369
01-09-2005, 10:05 AM
no limit & pot limit poker by caiffone & rueben goes over all types of games and there is a good amount of omaha 8 better and lowball mentioned

MEbenhoe
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no limit & pot limit poker by caiffone & rueben goes over all types of games and there is a good amount of omaha 8 better and lowball mentioned

[/ QUOTE ]

The lowball in the Ciaffone & Rueben book isn't triple draw.

KingMarc
01-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Triple Draw is a fairly new game, so SS2 is pretty much it for a while. Also, not many poker novices have even heard about it, and so there is not much demand for a book. Little demand means little supply.

And for the PL/NL Poker..it has a regular lowball section and a london lowball (aka razz) section. No triple draw.

Al Mirpuri
01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Go to google and type in "Triple Draw Lowball". There is a post by newgca aka Russ Georgiev that prior to SS2 was the best thing in print on TDL.

MEbenhoe
01-10-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to google and type in "Triple Draw Lowball". There is a post by newgca aka Russ Georgiev that prior to SS2 was the best thing in print on TDL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ actually contributed something of use to RGP? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Mike J
01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definately look up that online article. I hope this game grows in popularity, because I really enjoy playing it, but it would be nice to have more games to choose from, usually only 1 table at a time going at UB.

ddubois
01-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Wow, I didn't even know this game was spread online. I'll have to make an account on UB to check it out.

Mike J
01-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, and they even have ace to five and deuce to seven. Trouble is, usually there is only a .25 - .50 and 30-60 goin. the cheaper one is great to practice without losing to much, but I would prefer more players at the 1-2 2-4 levels... Oh well...

Beach-Whale
01-11-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ actually contributed something of use to RGP? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No. His TDL advice is not good.

beset7
01-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Just a note, London Lowball is different than Razz because straights and flushes count as high in LL, where in Razz str8s and flushes did not bust your low, just pairs.

burningyen
01-16-2005, 09:52 PM
How so, too tight?