PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm out. A Quick Hand:

Rushmore
01-08-2005, 04:25 PM
I didn't bring a laptop, so I'm on the clock here. Please excuse format.

Hand #1:
Blinds 100/200, no antes. Hero has 7800, Villain has 3150.
Hero is BB, not getting terribly involved of late. Villain (seems like a decent player, aggressive, solidish...BUT...) is on the button. He's been pushing, but losing.

Hero has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Folded around to Villain, who actually asks "What will it take to buy the blinds?" I grunt something, and he makes it 625. I call.

Flop comes down A /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I check, he ASKS again, "What will it take to buy this pot?" I grunt again. he bets 625 again.

I reraise him allin. He calls with AJ, and I suck out. He falls on the florr and looks like he might crack my skull open.

Am I totally wrong in believing that a decent player professing weakness ought to be read for weak? When should I have gotten away from my hand? If I bet out on the flop and he raises, do I muck for under $2K more? I can't see that I was too outta line here.

They say my time is up. Someone tell me something.

Freudian
01-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Looks fine to me. You can't really assume he has an ace there. Strange behaviour from the other guy overall.

You should have told him to talk less and push more chips.

deacsoft
01-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Seriously man, it's better to just turn the chat off. There's no way of knowing if anything he's typing correlates with anything/way he's playing. I've seen this happen a lot and have had it happen to me. Players seem to put too much trust in to on-line "tells". Unless they have serious and reliable notes these "tells" are useless. I'm not saying that you played your hand incorrectly. I just think that if what players are typing is factoring in to your decisions at all you're better off with the chat off.

1p0kerb0y
01-08-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's better to just turn the chat off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I think he was playing a live event.

deacsoft
01-08-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's better to just turn the chat off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I think he was playing a live event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I guess that would make sense too.

PoBoy321
01-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Quick question, just out of curiosity, did you suck out with a 6 or a backdoor flush?

Rushmore
01-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Running wheel.

Anyway, he almost fell on the floor, then scowled at me for a while, then went and told all the mopes he came with his tragic tale of woe.