PDA

View Full Version : limp reraise gone wrong

bigmac366
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
first hand of a 10+1 sng on pokerroom hero gets dealt
A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and decides to limp with intention of limp reraising. no one raises, damn.

flop: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

this is what i hate about when the limp raise doesnt work, i have no idea where anyone is.

BB leads for 150 chips into a 100 chip pot. hero calls. all others fold.

turn is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i obviously like the turn. BB leads for 400. i hope he doesnt have a flush. i call

river is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets 400 and hero shows how weak tight he is by only calling.

my thoughts were that although i was strong, i couldve let the BB hang around long enough to beat me, there were 4 to a str8 and a 3 flush on the board.

flame away.....

willperkins
01-08-2005, 04:14 PM
I would declared a misdeal because of the two A /images/graemlins/heart.gifs

bigmac366
01-08-2005, 04:18 PM
sorry about that, i had to manually post the hand while i was playing the rest of the tourney, i held the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
in my hand and the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif hit on the turn.

Phil Van Sexton
01-08-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first hand of a 10+1 sng on pokerroom hero gets dealt AA UTG and decides to limp with intention of limp reraising

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy play syndrome claims another victim. Please tell me that you will never do this again.

This the FIRST HAND of a 10/1!!! Did you think they would all fold if you raised?

You must raise, and then push if re-raised. Why am I even replying to this?

If you want to get fancy, just raise allin. Whenever I see someone do this on the 1st hand, they always get 2 or 3 callers who think the raiser is full of it and want to double up early.

PhiGamTN
01-08-2005, 04:24 PM
I agree if i get AA or KK (somtimes QQ if i've been running well) i'll just go ahead and open push... works like a charm at least 80 % of the time

willperkins
01-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Preflop:

In the first hand of a $10 SNG, I would never, ever limp with AA from UTG. I would rasise 3 X BB. More than likely, I will get 2 or 3 callers. In the early rounds of these events you can almost bet someone will call a raise with any Ace, any pair, any two face cards or two to a str8 suited or not.

Flop:

You said that the bad thing about not raising preflop was not knowing where you were at. IMHO you did it again by calling the BB's bet. You did not say how many were in the pot, but, with the two hearts on the board, I would have raised him about the size of the pot just to see where I was at.

Turn:

After BB bets then you need to push! Even if he has the str8 or flush, you are still 3.18 to 1 to get the boat or quads.

If you lose, and are out in 1oth place, so be it. Stand up, kick yourself in the butt about 3 times for misplaying this hand as bad anyone could have and get on to the next game.