PDA

View Full Version : Struggles in the new year

joesbarngrill
01-08-2005, 02:06 PM
I've been playing 2/4 on Empire since October and have made a solid 2.5BB/100. Recently though I've been struggling and am down in over 5k hands in January. I feel I'm playing well but dont understand why i'm losing. I've even had a decent run of cards but it doesent seem to matter Im allways beat. I dont overplay or under either i feel I play rather strong. I have PT and will post the necessary information to anyone willing to help me. I'd appreciate it thanks.

DeeJ
01-08-2005, 02:12 PM
... sample size is small. I play around 5k hands a month - although I'd like to be playing more - and from 11 months in PokerTracker, 8 are up and 3 are down. One of those 3 is less than a single large pot though. My win rate is hovering around 2 BB at 5/10, for what it's worth.

Swings, natural swings. Post some hands you are unsure of and some locals will soon tell you where you screwed up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bdk3clash
It's a swingy game, you'll regularly have 5000-hand stretches where you lose, even if you're a winning player. If you're not a winning player, you'll even more regularly have 5000-hand stretches where you lose.

Don't sweat it, post hands that troubled you, blah blah blah.

DeeJ
Happy Birthday bdk3clash (how do you pronounce that anyway? Is this another sfer?)

sfer
01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Someone's now knee-deep into a quarterlife crisis!

Happy B'Day Brah!

joesbarngrill
01-08-2005, 02:20 PM
I guess im just questioning my strength at 2/4. Maybe I need to look for better games I'll wait til the 10k mark before I judge. Thanks for opinions.

bdk3clash
01-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Thank you.

For what it's worth, I don't think my screen name was ever really intended to be said out loud, but when I sound it out it's BEE-DEE-KAY-THREE-CLASH. This seems intuitive enough to me but you're one of many people that seem to have struggled with its pronunciation.

sfer
01-08-2005, 02:22 PM
It's possible, but 5K is really nothing. It could easily be a normal downswing. Don't sweat it unless you notice yourself playing worse.

And post hands. That's the best way to get better.

bdk3clash
01-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Seriously, don't sweat it. I'm sure you're fully capable of beating the 2/4 game on Party. As long as you're comfortable playing at those stakes, my advice would be to just ride it out. Different people deal with downswings in different ways, but I say the sooner you get used to playing through them the better. Just play.

joesbarngrill
01-08-2005, 02:34 PM
thanks guys I'll start throwing the tough hands out there to get some feedback.