PDA

View Full Version : Raise turn, take free showdown, wait a second...

Luke
01-08-2005, 12:12 PM
Reads: BB (v 55, pfr 14, ag 1.7 over 165 hands) and I had no notes on UTG + 2 at the time but he seemed pretty loose and generally bad.

My plan in this hand was to just call the flop and pretty much raise any non-spade turn card. Depending on the exact card I may or not fold to the 3-bet.

I also planned to take the free showdown but when BB folded to my turn raise, my plan changed a bit. What do you think?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.83 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

jogumon
01-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I'd check behind. What are you going to be called by that you beat? A 5, and possibly A high. He could have been calling with a Q or a 3, which you're now behind. If the river is a blank instead of a 3, I can see betting, but not now.

Joe Tall
01-09-2005, 12:33 AM
I only see a better hand calling, not much value. But these river bets online always see to find that thin value, as so many love showdowns.

It's fine in retrospect.

Luke
01-09-2005, 01:19 AM
First, thanks to jogumon and Joe Tall for some comments.

I bet and UTG+2 folded what I presume was a straight or flush draw, but you never know.

I feel the river bet is very close and is at best a THIN value bet.

I justify the bet by saying that I think UTG+2 would find a raise with a queen either on the flop or turn so a small pocket pair or 7 is possibility for a call. Even an unimproved ace is not out of the question.

The only thing I really think I have to worry about is a 3.

But regardless, it's a close one.

Luke