PDA

View Full Version : Gavin Griffin ('2005'), Hot or Not?

That guy
01-08-2005, 11:53 AM
so Jennicide only dates guys with bracelets?

shadow29
01-08-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so Jennicide only dates guys with bracelets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that's a watch...

Aceshigh7
01-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I just know he ranks right up there with that Ted Lawson guy as the two worst players to win bracelets last year, if his bracelet winning final table performance is any indication. He made some horrible plays and got extremely lucky, at least on the hands that made it to tv. He also came off as arrogant.

Nottom
01-08-2005, 03:07 PM
What WSOP Tourney were you watching?

I don't remember Gavin making any really notable mistakes during the ESPN coverage.

augie00
01-08-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He also came off as arrogant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, great flippin' idea. You could have thought of something meaner to say, though. That way, maybe he'll get so offended that he'll never post here again. Brilliant!

God. Go win a bracelet. Right now. It's easy.

ClaytonN
01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He made some horrible plays and got extremely lucky, at least on the hands that made it to tv. He also came off as arrogant.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, to criticize a player's play from what you see on TV is absolutely retarded.

Second off, you don't even know the guy, so criticizing his behavior from what you see on TV is, again, retarded.

You're an idiot, and the kind of person/troll 2+2 would be better off without.

Please stop.

Daliman
01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just know he ranks right up there with that Ted Lawson guy as the two worst players to win bracelets last year, if his bracelet winning final table performance is any indication. He made some horrible plays and got extremely lucky, at least on the hands that made it to tv. He also came off as arrogant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you are mistaking him for someone else, or you are an idiot. Maybe both.

LIKELY both.

DesertCat
01-08-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'm pretty jealous of him too.

And he is a jerk. The way he jumped on the table when he won, oops, sorry that was Fishman. Well the way he whined about suckouts, hmm, oh no that was Helmuth. No it was the way he shook his opponents hands, treated them respectfully, and refused to celebrate in their faces. I HATE asses like that!

Aceshigh7
01-08-2005, 04:42 PM
First of all for all you people, I never said he was a jerk at all. I don't know him so how could i make that determination? He come off as a bit arrogant though on television. Whether that is his normal demeanor or not how am I to know?

It is apparent from what we saw that he has some poker talent, that is indisputable. Anybody that makes it to a WSOP final table must. It is also apparent that he took the worst hand and sucked out in quite a few spots.

zaxx19
01-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Anybody that makes it to a WSOP final table must.

2 WORDS TED LAWSON. And Im not even talking about misreading the board just not a great Omaha player from what I saw.

Aceshigh7
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, to criticize a player's play from what you see on TV is absolutely retarded.

Second off, you don't even know the guy, so criticizing his behavior from what you see on TV is, again, retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, your repeating yourself, Secondly, 2+2 had no problem criticising Josh Arieh from what you saw on tv, and ya'll didn't know the guy.

Hack
01-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Josh Arieh clearly acted like an [censored] to people around him, berating them for their play and laughing in their faces.

Gavin did not do any of that. That's why people are jumping on you for your comments.

Aceshigh7
01-08-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Josh Arieh clearly acted like an [censored] to people around him, berating them for their play and laughing in their faces.

Gavin did not do any of that. That's why people are jumping on you for your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say Gavin acted like an ass, just that he came off as a bit arrogant. (The smirk on his face after sucking out with some really marginal hands)

If Gavin Griffin's suckouts against Hellmuth had been against someone like Howard Lederer or Doyle Brunson instead, everyone would be talking about how lucky he got. But because they were against Hellmuth, its ok because everyone likes to see Phil lose.

Hypocrites, and not even honest hypocrites at that.

DesertCat
01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say Gavin acted like an ass, just that he came off as a bit arrogant. (The smirk on his face after sucking out with some really marginal hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ... my ... god! A smirk? "A forced or affected smile"? AcesHigh, now I will never play poker with you, not with your incrediable reading abilities. You truly CAN see into another's soul (through the television no less) and find the dark evil lurking behind their tiniest actions.

[ QUOTE ]
If Gavin Griffin's suckouts against Hellmuth had been against someone like Howard Lederer or Doyle Brunson instead, everyone would be talking about how lucky he got. But because they were against Hellmuth, its ok because everyone likes to see Phil lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is?

jakethebake
01-08-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've played with him online a few times, and he's always been very nice. In fact, a lack of arrogance is exactly what I specifically liked about him. And that's amazing for a 22 y.o. with a bracelet.

Hack
01-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Especially when you compare him to people like Fischman and Boyd(both around his age) and how they act.

Sponger15SB
01-08-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, a lack of arrogance is exactly what I specifically liked about him. And that's amazing for a 22 y.o. with a bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

zaxx19
01-08-2005, 06:00 PM
He sure didnt seem really arrogant when he talked about just barely grinding out a living online...half these jackasses like Matusow and co. act like they are zillionaires when they are dead broke. The smirk was like an "oh man I got away with one there" smirk. He is a really patient and friednly poster here, please try not to tick him off.

Russ McGinley
01-08-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Matusow and co. act like they are zillionaires when they are dead broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard Matusow made quite a boatload of cigarettes in prison. Don't call him broke just yet.

burningyen
01-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, you're comparing our reaction to Josh's antics and our non-reaction to Gavin's "demeanor"? The image I saw was of a polite and innocuous young guy.

partygirluk
01-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Gavin seems like an ultra nice guy, truly.

Russ McGinley
01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I thought Gavin did exceptionally well to just kind of shrug off Phil's BS comments. I think its pretty difficult to not say or do anything while shaking a guy's hand while he insults your play.

Hack
01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
My favorite part of the Phil Hellmuth this year was at the main event when the guy scored a Queen on the turn(I think) and Phil Hellmuth exploded when being shown it. The guy said that alone was worth the 10 grand.

slickpoppa
01-08-2005, 06:14 PM
sponger, i think you should bring back the papageorgiou avatar, i liked that one

Sponger15SB
01-08-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sponger, i think you should bring back the papageorgiou avatar, i liked that one

[/ QUOTE ]

I will, but in the meantime I like my chargers stuff.

jackkingoffsuit
01-08-2005, 07:14 PM
First of all, I don't like seeing Phil lose! Second of all, nobody but you would says he would be considered lucky for beating Howard or Doyle. If you're behind in a hand and you win, you're lucky no matter who it's against. Last of all, you'd have a hell of a smirk if you were ever about to win a braclet, but that'll never happen since you'll probaly never attend the WSOP.

Shecks

johnnybeef
01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all for all you people, I never said he was a jerk at all. I don't know him so how could i make that determination? He come off as a bit arrogant though on television. Whether that is his normal demeanor or not how am I to know?

It is apparent from what we saw that he has some poker talent, that is indisputable. Anybody that makes it to a WSOP final table must. It is also apparent that he took the worst hand and sucked out in quite a few spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

sucking out is a must in a tourney with a large field if you want to win (ask my dude daliman). Gavin played beautifully, he had two pros in absolute vertigo. neither Gary Bush nor the other guy whose name escapes me at the moment had any idea what hand Gavin was playing. Bravo Gavin Griffin, display that bracelet with pride.

hahahaha
johnny

johnnybeef
01-09-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Matusow and co. act like they are zillionaires when they are dead broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard Matusow made quite a boatload of cigarettes in prison. Don't call him broke just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon dude that was my joke

gyndok
01-09-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gavin seems like an ultra nice guy, truly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the chance to play at Gavin's table yesterday in the Bahamas. He is a nice guy, not arrogant at all..

Geff Klein

Daliman
01-09-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sucking out is a must in a tourney with a large field if you want to win (ask my dude daliman). Gavin played beautifully, he had two pros in absolute vertigo. neither Gary Bush nor the other guy whose name escapes me at the moment had any idea what hand Gavin was playing. Bravo Gavin Griffin, display that bracelet with pride.

hahahaha
johnny

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you STILL remember me?

johnnybeef
01-09-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha
johnny

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you STILL remember me?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, you popped my 2+2 intellegent argument cherry. i should be so honored that it was done by you...gl with the bankroll issue

Daliman
01-09-2005, 04:10 AM
KInda surprised you referred to me in there is all, I don't specifically remember mentioning having to get lucky at least once in our tete a tete, but it's exactly the kind of thing I'd say, so yeah, the reference is appropriate, just unexpected. TY for the well-wishes on the BR; I'm sure I'll be fine.

curtains
01-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Why can't people stop paying attention to suckouts where one player has the other one hugely outchipped. It shows such naivety towards poker tournaments in general.

Daliman
01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Shh, careful, or you might teach people pot odds..