PDA

View Full Version : 50k per month

01-15-2002, 03:33 AM
in posts below, bobcards says he's expecting to make 50k per month playing 20/40 holdem on pp. anyone believe that figure is possible?

01-15-2002, 03:51 AM
I gotta play two tables 16 hours a day just to earn 35k a month. No way in hell hes earning 50k

Wydon Jahblome

Well he might be...I heard he cheats

01-15-2002, 04:13 AM
Expert players in thses short handed games can win at a very high rate. That's because some people play short handed very poorly and because there are many more hands played per hour than in a regular full ring game.

However, assuming that it is possible to win this much per month, I doubt that it would continue since the games would burn out to fast. So if this is currently the case, don't expect it to last.

01-15-2002, 08:08 PM
Very unlikey. Bobcards has been the focus of collusion in the ring games. One on one is the best way to illicitly pass money between accounts.

You'd be there everyday if this win rate was possible.

01-15-2002, 08:44 PM
No, I don't believe such claims because anyone making that kind of money wouldn't be bragging about it. On a variation of the old saying, "Those who can, do; Those who cannot, say they do."

01-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Alright, for all of you who doubted that I would have a 50K month, see the above thread about 50-100 on UB. Once again I am right, and you are wrong. See you at the tables, and thanks for the donations. - Bob

01-16-2002, 07:04 PM
It is great that someone can win so much playing online. I actually find it inspiring.

Sometimes I wonder whether it is possible to get much better and to learn more about the game, and whether it is worth it. In other words, sometimes I feel the learning curve for poker is very steep at first but levels off to near flat after a while. Can I really get much better than the guy next to me? There is certainly more luck in poker than chess, for example. Is there enough skill involved to make improvement possible and worth it?

Bobcards' achievement shows that the rewards are there for those that achieve such levels of skill. It shows that such skill is possible, and it is worth achieving.

Is Bobcards' identity generally known? Is he or she a well-known professional player?

And to Bobcards: What does it take to get there?

Regards,

Koji Myint

01-17-2002, 12:51 AM
BOB GOES BY THE ALIAS BOBCARDS ON PP

HE IS SO AWESONME TO WATCH

HIS COCKINESS IS A THING OF BEAUTY A JOY FOREVER (MY MAN JOHN KEATS SAID THAT)

LIKEN POKER TO PLAYING BASKETBALL, SOME START OFF BETTER BEFORE THEY EVEN STEP ON TO THE COURT WHILE OTHERS HAVE TO WORK THEIR FANNYS OFF JUST TO BE OK, BUT STILL BETTER THAN THE SCRUBS.

SWIFTY