PDA

View Full Version : fb picks final summary..

10-20-2001, 10:04 AM
college...memphis+11...already given

boston coll-10.5...better team by far...power rating play..

notre d. +1...i hate n.d., but my numbers say go irish...

oklahoma state +9.5...better team than many think in good spot..

pros...

already won buff +9 str8 up...

t.b. -4.5...time for bucs to hum...steelers overated..

wash +3.5....situational analysis...

nyj +7.5....strongest play of all..jmho...gl all...playing in pokerstars free roll this pm...feel hot..gl

10-20-2001, 12:44 PM
I am not a big college football player but I do like USC in a pick em against Notre Dame today. I think the SC offense is finally coming around and I think they will beat the Irish fairly easily. I also may be a bit prejudice as I went to USC...Big Al

10-21-2001, 01:36 AM
What is your situational analysis of Wash? I think the Panthers are one of the best plays this week. The Panthers play well when their running game is working and how can you not have a good day running on the Skins? Short week for the Skins coming off a disapointing loss against a rival, a game they might have felt would be their first win. I think this is akin to a support level for a stock price, once it breaks through then a stock can fall far. This is what I think of the Skins. They played a good game against a terrible team and lost. Panthers might have been down a little losing on the last play, but I think they have a better coach to recover from this loss, a guy that will help them realize they have played some promising games last two weeks and here is a very winnable game. All I think the Skins might not show up much and get beaten. Then again the Panthers can be quite unpredictable at times so I will play it but with a little bit of caution.

10-21-2001, 09:07 AM
Everybody get mad I'm pointing out some flaws in WB's reasoning. He may or may not be right about Carolina being a strong play but so far his reasons suck. First of all he doesn't discuss Carolina's terrible defense especially against the run. Opponents are averaging 4.12 yds per carry rushing. To further augment this, opponents run about 50% of the time against the Panthers (49.1%) which is a very high number of running plays vs. passing plays in the NFL. Opponents QB rating is a mediocre 77.8 but they have been torched by a couple of times this year. Of course Washington's passing game isn't much of a threat but their running game maybe with Davis running

the ball and Schottenheimer preferring the run.

"The Panthers play well when their running game is working and how can you not have a good day running on the Skins?"

The Panthers ran the ball very well at times LAST year but their rushing game is horrible so far this year avg. 2.78 yds per carry. They haven't had a single good game running the football this year. Opponents have run the ball an astounding 60% of their offensive plays against the Skins. So the Panthers are likely to try and run it down the Skins throat but it's debatable how successful they will be.

The other thing that you didn't mention about the Panthers is their kick returner Steve Smith. His returns were a key factor in the Vikings game and last week in at least keeping Carolina in the game. He was a key factor vs. the Packers in a negative way by losing 2 fumbles on kickoffs. Predicting the way special teams will play is tough to do but Smith is capable of making some big plays on special teams.

10-21-2001, 07:02 PM
lost a lotta juice..oh well

big week for stock market...short jnj...jmho..gl