PDA

View Full Version : Wait time for pokerchips.com

anteater34
01-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Ive been reading old posts about how horrible the service was at pokerchips.com. But does anyone have any experience with the wait times one can expect when placing a custom order with them. Also, are the chips worth the wait?

X-Files
01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Check out this thread on my chips. Let me know if you have any other questons.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1251981&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

anteater34
01-08-2005, 09:42 AM
16 weeks is a long time. Are they worth it? Or am i better off going with a company like kardwell?

X-Files
01-08-2005, 11:20 AM
The chips are great. I got samples from just about everywhere I could. The price was right and the customization options are great. I love my chips. The wait sucks though. If you want a clay chip that is customizable then I would recommend pokerchips.com. Get samples to make sure you will like the chip you order. I believe TR King also does custom clays. I did not like their chip (my personal opinion).

AZnuts
01-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I went through the same deliberations recently, and decided to go ahead a place an order with Pokerchips.com. I had a thread about my concern with response for the sample chips - Thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=home&Number=1400395&fpart= &PHPSESSID=)

Although the samples took a bit longer than I had hoped - they were still the nicest option for customizable clay chips.

The service has been very good since I've started my order. Jane was very pleasant to work with in setting up the details of my order, very thorough, answering all questions.

Now I'm working with Kim, graphics designer, to finalize my art work. She took the concept I sent her and had proofs with several versions within a few days. And, I didn't realize that side 2 could be different than side 1.

The official line is 12 OR MORE weeks from final art approval, no guarantee on time. I've heard 16 weeks from several recent buyers.

It came down to this for me - in a few years I didn't want to regret going with a faster chip option and feeling like I didn't really get what I wanted. I don't see myself buying another 1000 chips for a looong time.

As for Kardwell, I had that thought but they gave me ZERO response on my requests for samples - once by email and by phone. I don't really believe they can do the six weeks stated on their web site anyway since they're ASM chips like Pokerchips.com.

StevieG
01-08-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been reading old posts about how horrible the service was at pokerchips.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no doubt that the service is slow. Your order is likely to be delayed. But other aspects of customer service for my order (responsiveness, accuracy, quality of product) were quite good. I love my chips, and would order with them again.

If you can live with the long order fulfillment time, the rest is great.

ericslagle
01-09-2005, 07:29 AM
I just did an order with them and it took about 20 weeks. The only thing that was frustrating is that they kept changing the date that they would ship. I'm looking into getting some new ones from TR King and selling my Pokerchips.com set, but I have no idea at all what King's times are. I like the ability to customize the style of the edge spots as well as the lack of brass fleck that TR King offers. But the ASM chips are great and everyone loves them.