PDA

View Full Version : Stocks that are no more? Where to find old prices/charts?

outofstep
01-08-2005, 05:57 AM
I was just informed today that when I was born someone bought me stock in Food Lion in 1985. The group at that time was called Delhaize America and the symbol was DZA under NYSE. In 2002, they merged with Delhaize Group(DEG)so, the earliest prices I can find are in 2002. I've looked all over the internet, but couldn't find any quotes on DZA. I'm really curious as to what the value of this stock is now. Maybe its the Microsoft of grocories? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Any suggestions on where to find this info? Thanks.
--Dan

GeorgeF
01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
If you have the stock certificate send it to your broker and they will handle the reorganization issue. Confirm the cost in advance.

If you do not have the certificate try the various transfer agents like mellon bank, state abandoned property depts, or ask your broker for advice.

Their are databases like those that S&P sells that might have it but expect to pay $$$. Your library microfilm dept might be the best choice except finding splits will be difficult.

Ray Zee
01-10-2005, 11:09 PM
call the company. they can tell you what to do. many times the stock has been terminated so to speak and only they can redeem it. or if it is still active your broker can find out whats it worth. in any case act on it.