PDA

View Full Version : This Forum...

sthief09
01-08-2005, 04:44 AM
... has completely gone to sh[/i]it because of worthles threads that are being bumped up and lengened by people trying to make jokes. I've lost just about 99% of my interest here. I'm really fuc[/i]kin pissed right now. I guess that explains why the people who used to make this place great have left...

and I'd appreciate if no one made a pointless response to this point, because I don't feel this needs to be 100 posts long like the other retarded threads by people who frequent this forum

TSC'sLilBrother
01-08-2005, 05:44 AM
what about my brothers thread? He doesn't want to piss people off.

pindawg
01-08-2005, 05:47 AM
This thread is now about boobies

http://www.kickassamd.com/uploads/photos/1312.gif

BottlesOf
01-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Dude, wtf? Have a drink like me.

afk
01-08-2005, 08:57 AM
The issue you raise is why I think that there should be 2 or 3 moderators appointed to each forum to help keep them a little cleaner. Somethingawful.com does this and it works pretty well, but for those of you who are familiar with the way SA is run I'm not suggesting anything nearly as strict. I just think a few forum specific moderators would really help keep things more on track.

chesspain
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
At the risk of bloating, I'll say...

I completely agree. Let's keep the OOT crap in OOT. Let's allow that stupid, fu[/b]ck'n O8 thread to just decompose. And let's encourage Bison to get out of the house at least once per day, if he wants to or not.

Trix
01-08-2005, 11:45 AM
thought it was getting pretty good a month ago, but now /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just letting the stuff who deserves to drown drown would help alot.

Starzinger
01-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Do you mean this forum, as in 2+2, or just small stakes?
I dont post much, and the things you mention big part of the reason for that.
Actually, why isn't this forum moderated? It wouldn't be THAT hard to find a couple of decent guys to put some hours into it, would it?

Richard Berg
01-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Actually, basically every other large forum on the whole internet has volunteer moderators. When DS talked about the budget for increasing Mat's time, I chuckled more than a little.

bisonbison
01-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Well, I don't know how much you're pinning on me here, but I'll stop off-topicness.

And chess, thank you for your continued concern.

J.R.
01-08-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess that explains why the people who used to make this place great have left...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be silly. At some point you grow tired of reiterating the same points, and people grow and change. There's more than poker.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really [censored] pissed right now

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up. This a public, relatively anonymous forum predominated by people who sit in front of their computers gambling, often on multiple table, during a large portion of their "free time". Not the loftiest of endeavors, and one that can really get into your head if you lose sight of that. Sometimes a litle silliness helps keep that all in perspective (e.g. the sublime absurdity of ADHOC- although that's posted elsewhere).

You're a smart and seemigly selfless guy who takes the time to help others and share his knowledge, so don't take this the wrong way, but don't click on these threads. Perhaps not for you but they are thereaputic, humorous and cathartic for many.

And the things you protest are not pandemic, yet.

Bottles is smart. You posted this at nearly 4 AM ET on a friday night/saturday morning. Be well.

sfer
01-08-2005, 01:50 PM
You never told me how the salami was. I want to know if I should buy one for myself.

sfer
01-08-2005, 01:53 PM
You underestimate. Some of us also spend an unhealthy amount of time worrying about our next avatar and TSC's posting rate.

Viva non-sequitors!

River2Pair
01-08-2005, 01:57 PM
That was uncalled for, but I can't stop staring at it.

bisonbison
01-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Guys, I gave it some more thought (yes, Wendell, the salami was good, but not excellent. I may be geared towards expecting a spicier sausage). After having one of these threads every month or so for the last infinite amount of time, it became clear quite a while ago that 2+2 needs content moderation. I wrote the posting guidelines to help with this problem. I turned off the converter to help with this problem. And I (and the idiots who follow me around) contribute a bit to the problem with off-topicness.

The forum needs content mods. So if you want content mods, write to Sklansky and Malmuth.

As for what Josh is feeling, this is what I see when I look at the SS forum:

http://www.stompandcrush.com/images/threads.GIF

I show 40 threads on the front page, which may explain why I never feel like there's a lack of content in SS.

J.R.
01-08-2005, 02:15 PM
so true, but that doesn't really lend support for my musings. 5000-6000 are looking great, BTW.