PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Game Show

[censored]
01-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Mine Press Your Luck (http://gscentral.net/Whammy1.rm). I loved that [censored] as kid.

A close second The Price Right mostly because of the Barker Beauties (http://www.tpirmodels.com/index2.html)

bugstud
01-08-2005, 04:33 AM
press your luck was awesome...I have to agree.

Nick B.
01-08-2005, 04:34 AM
I liked Price is Right, but didn't like the showcase showdown. Let's make a deal was ok. Name that tune was bad. I also liked High Rollers. I liked Shop til you drop, one episode somebody wiped out coming down the stairs, which was kind of funny. Supermarket sweep was also good.

plaster8
01-08-2005, 04:37 AM
Card Sharks.

"Higher, higher, lower ......... FREEZE!"

I always wanted a set of those giant cards when I was a kid.

illunious
01-08-2005, 04:40 AM
Way before my time, but I love "What's my Line?".

Slacker13
01-08-2005, 04:42 AM
Wheel of Fortune. Good night.

[censored]
01-08-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can that really be considered a gameshow?

EliteNinja
01-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Extreme Dodgeball!!

illunious
01-08-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can that really be considered a gameshow?

[/ QUOTE ]

TV show and a game, the key is muting it before they tell you what the line is.

GoblinMason (Craig)
01-08-2005, 05:28 AM
http://www.thedevils.com/jeopardy.gif

Matt24
01-08-2005, 05:33 AM
I agree with Nick that Supermarket Sweep was the [censored], but how bout Strip Poker? Did anyone ever see that? It was on 5 years ago, maybe on USA network? It wasnt bad, the girls usually got down to thongs, and I have sort of a thong fetish /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Family Fued with Ray Combs was pretty good as well

[censored]
01-08-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Nick that Supermarket Sweep was the [censored], but how bout Strip Poker? Did anyone ever see that? It was on 5 years ago, maybe on USA network? It wasnt bad, the girls usually got down to thongs, and I have sort of a thong fetish /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I do remember that. It always thought it was funny that even if the guys lost the host encouraged the girls to strip as well, which they did.

realwtf
01-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Sale of the Century was good.

fnord_too
01-08-2005, 10:20 AM
You Bet Your Life was pretty damn good (the Groucho Marx original, not the Cosby remake). It was a half hour show, but they apparently fillmed an hour of footage so they could edit all of Groucho's material that was over the line.

For recent game shows, I would probably go with Win Ben Stein's Money.

Zoltri
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
The Gong Show

http://timstvshowcase.com/gongsh2.jpg

The Dating Game

http://www.timstvshowcase.com/datinggm.jpg

tek
01-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Oldies but goodies:

To Tell The Truth, You Bet Your Life, and Match Game

anatta
01-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I wasn't sure what it was called until I saw that your link to Press Your Luck had the word Whammie in it. I think we might be the same age...

"NO WHAMMIES! NO WHAMMIES! NO WHAMMIES!...STOP."

"OH!! ITS A WHAMMIE"

...and then some Tasmanian Devil animation thingy would break out the lawnmower and cut through their money. I think I'll say that next time the flush draw is out againt me.

Homer
01-08-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't sure what it was called until I saw that your link to Press Your Luck had the word Whammie in it. I think we might be the same age...

"NO WHAMMIES! NO WHAMMIES! NO WHAMMIES!...STOP."

"OH!! ITS A WHAMMIE"

...and then some Tasmanian Devil animation thingy would break out the lawnmower and cut through their money. I think I'll say that next time the flush draw is out againt me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part was when the host read those crappy Whammie poems at the end of the show.

"Avoid the whammies,
you just might win;
Don't be greedy now,
pass those spins"

ClaytonN
01-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Jeopardy. It's the only one I watch, really...

Thythe
01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jeopardy. It's the only one I watch, really...

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, it's the best of the best.

Sponger15SB
01-08-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Nick that Supermarket Sweep was the [censored

[/ QUOTE ]

"The next time you're at the checkout counter and you hear the beep. Think of the fun you can have on SUPERMARKET SWEEP!"

Awsome game show, for sure my favorite of all time.

Peca277
01-08-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved that [censored] as kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I have to find it slightly amusing that you loved yourself as a kid. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

When I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought of Press Your Luck... too bad I don't get the Gameshow Network anymore. Slightly ashamed to admit watching Supermarket Sweep whenever I find it haha.

Sponger15SB
01-08-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slightly ashamed to admit watching Supermarket Sweep whenever I find it haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the lifetime network. They used to show Supermarket Sweep and Shop till you drop back to back on weeknights.

youtalkfunny
01-09-2005, 10:49 AM
"Card Sharks". I wish it was still on, I'd make it my mission to get on that show.

Forget about screaming "Higher!" or "Lower!" at the cards. The meat of the game was: Player A makes an over/under number, and Player B picks over or under.

Believe it or not, but I think that my years of experience as a bookmaker/oddsmaker really helped me prepare for this show. It's astonishing how good I am at making those over/under numbers. My estimate will often come within 5 of the actual answer, and almost always closer than 10.

Another reason why I would succeed on that show: the contestants are idiots!

2nd Place: Jeopardy!

3rd Place: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, back when it was ridiculously easy.

Duke
01-09-2005, 10:54 AM
MXC

~D

NotMitch
01-09-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Family Fued with Ray Combs was pretty good as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are just not old enough to remember Richard Dawson because suggesting someone else was a better host of the Feud is so wrong.

Roy Munson
01-09-2005, 11:24 AM
I loved "The Gong Show". The godawful "American Idol" owes everything to this stellar precursor.

ddollevoet
01-10-2005, 12:10 PM
MTV's Remote Control with Ken Ober, Colin Quinn and Kari Wuhr

And it's not even close.

beerbandit
01-10-2005, 12:18 PM
do not really watch to many game shows but if im flipping through the channels

ill stop and watch family feud

would iron chef be considered a game show --- they play some pretty intense music for a cooking contest

cheers

youtalkfunny
01-11-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MTV's Remote Control with Ken Ober, Colin Quinn and Kari Wuhr

And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget that show was a big break for young Adam Sandler.