PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 picks

10-19-2001, 05:40 PM
Ten/Det under 39

I expect the Ten offense to have a tougher time than we expect after their suprising 31 pts vs. Tampa at home. Going on the road to play a turf game in Detroit will probably keep their scoring down. In addition, I expect Detroit to have an offensive let-down after taking advantage of Minnesota's poor

pass coverage.

GB -3 over Min.

The games in this division are often closer than you think but historically, it's always been Green Bay who comes up with a tough game vs. Minnesota when Minnesota looks to be a better team. This week, the situations are reversed and I fully expect Green Bay to pound the snot out of Minnesota. GB is simply superior in almost every matchup here. They are playing very consistent football, which is a change from the last couple years.

STL -6.5 over Jets.

I don't see how the Jets' secondary will have any chance whatsoever in this game. On top of that, the Jets have a well-recognized problem with stopping the run. Who cares if Faulk is gone? The STL offensive line will do fine making holes for Candidate. When facing a very bad run defense, I don't believe there will be a huge difference betwen Faulk and Candidate. STL will be able to run the ball. The NYJ defense is going to have a very long day on the field.

Yes, Vinny has no interceptions this year. The Jets' offense is doing better as the weeks go by, but I don't believe this will be enough to stay in the game with the STL offense.

(I wouldn't take this at the current 7.5, but I picked it up on monday at 6.5, so I'm being honest and listing the bet as taken)

TB -5 over PIT.

The line has dropped to -5, which makes it even more enticing. PIT is a paper tiger right now and I expect them to have a rude awakening at Tampa's house

Wash/Car under 36.

This may be shaky, but I'm going with this bet every week until I see different out of Washington. They have hit the under every week so far and against a shaky offense like Carolina, I don't see any reason to think differently.

It will not be possible for me to go 1-5 again, thank god. /images/smile.gif

natedogg

10-19-2001, 06:13 PM
thanks for your picks as usual well thot out,,,however...my situational handicapping(trend if you wish)..indicated nyj are a great bet...same process that led me to bet giants over rams...det over minn last week..and pick buff last night who won outright as a 9 pt doggie....big play...nyj +71/2 over tha worms...also skins +3 1/2 over whoever...those are my selections this week...jmho..gl

10-19-2001, 07:01 PM
At sportsinteraction.com getting:

St. Louis -8.0 vs. Jets

Washington +4.5 vs. Carolina

10-19-2001, 07:19 PM
Hey scalf, you have been doing pretty good. What do you use to determine your picks. You refer to "your numbers" but what are these numbers? Care to share? Sounds interesting....

You may be right about the Jets as you've come through on the other big dogs vs. good teams. Now you've made me nervous but I'll stick by my pick for the hell of it.

Feist's lines sound pretty good too, and I wouldn't take STL at

-8, but I already took 'em at -6.5

Best of luck to everyone this week.

natedogg

10-19-2001, 07:46 PM
not meant as a personal attck...hey 2-8 runs are normal at this biz...just a funny thing...what we are really trying to do is catch someone playing better(or worse) than expected, and i know you know that, but thats what its all about...jmho..gl...thanks to jim feist for pointing our better lines..on any forum i post on i take a line i feel anyone can get..without multiple accounts...thats all gl..

10-19-2001, 07:52 PM
Hey scalf. I was wondering how you evaluate your picks because you've done pretty well with the big point underdogs. I always feel pretty nervous taking bad teams and expecting them to cover 9 pts for me, but you have strongly touted some of these lines and they've come through for you.

You make references to your numbers and your trends, are you willing to share what these are, and how you evaluate the game?

In other words, I was being serious! I want to know what you think. /images/smile.gif I wasn't taking your post as any kind of attack.

PS: I'm 7-8 for the year, not 2-8! Damn you!

natedogg