PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal twice?

gorgeous
01-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Two players all-in preflop.

Stew
01-07-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two players all-in preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

The4Aces
01-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Deal once, take the cards delt and discard them deal again. If one player wins both times than he gets the pot, if each win once split.

gorgeous
01-08-2005, 12:09 AM
When you say discard, put them aside? Or are the cards shuffled again for a new flop + turn + river?

The4Aces
01-08-2005, 12:24 AM
most of the times they are put in the muck, but i guess it really depends on where you play.

Stew
01-08-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When you say discard, put them aside? Or are the cards shuffled again for a new flop + turn + river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about dealing out the board twice? You really didn't explain what you were talking about. but, if you are gonna deal it twice then you DO NOT put the cards that were dealt the first time back in and re shuffle. You deal it out once, then just carry on with the same deck unshuffled the second time.

duma
01-08-2005, 03:08 PM
i have no clue what your are all talking about /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bandfan
01-08-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have no clue what your are all talking about /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

its better that way

The4Aces
01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
This really isnt done that much. I have seen it done once, and then i read about Danial Nagranu talk about it in one of his articals.

ricochet420
01-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Could someone clue me in? I am curious now. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The4Aces
01-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Instead of dealing it once you deal it 2 times. So if there is like 140 bucks in the pot and you and someone agree to deal it 2 times you deal the reamining cards 2 times. Say someone was all in pre flop you say lets deal it 2 times. AFter the first 5 cards are delt put those cards in much and deal it again. If you each win once than split pot if one person wins both than they get it all. If someone is all in after the flop do the same thing but only the last 2 cards. Like i said this stuff isnt done much and usually only at high stakes games where everyone knows each other.

Phat Mack
01-13-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but, if you are gonna deal it twice then you DO NOT put the cards that were dealt the first time back in and re shuffle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. You don't want to put the first board in the muck or in the stub. Put both boards side to side so that everyone can see them, and undertand which hands are winners. Never kill a board until pot has been pushed.

Art Vandelay
01-13-2005, 01:24 PM
As I understand (like others I've never seen this done) a common situation would be if you had a coin flip situation with your opponent (ie AK vs QQ). You agree to deal it twice to mitigate the luck factor.

I've only read about this, and it's always in high stakes games.