PDA

View Full Version : 99 in MP3, heads up pot

what
01-07-2005, 10:09 PM
No good reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

This one has me stumped. On the flop I feel that I can't put a MP limper on an ace just because one flopped. I'm not sure if raising is correct. I think giving a free card on the turn would have hurt me more then getting one could have help me, so I fired again, planning on folding if I was raised.

The river is the only street I like.

Harv72b
01-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I think a lot of people would've played a spades draw the same way that MP1 played this hand. But of course, if he was on a spades draw he'd fold to a river bet.

I'd have played it the way you did. The only time betting the river could potentially help you is if he was in the hand with, say, J/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and he folds the paired T. More often than not, though, I think you're up against Axs.

Nick C
01-08-2005, 12:49 AM
On the flop, I'd be choosing between folding and taking your line.

Against an unknown, I think I'd go with your plan.

Jonny Melon
01-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Smooth call the flop. Smooth-calling the flop represents a strong ace better than raising the flop and minimizes your losses when you are behind. Take the turn from there.

Jon