PDA

View Full Version : AKo utg 15/30

Paluka
01-07-2005, 08:49 PM
You raise AKo utg and everyone folds except the big blind. He is mediocre but not horrendous. He is a little too loose, aggro at some of the wrong times, and he has poor poker intuition.
Flop KhJsJh. You don't have a heart. He bets out. How do you play this one?

Clarkmeister
01-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Call down and maybe raise the river depending on my read.

jetsonsdogcanfly
01-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Your description of the player is somewhat biased towards taking an aggressive line. Given this read, I would probably not give him credit for thinking at a high enough level to lead a jack. Hearts, a random king, a straight draw, or even an underpair are quite possible. As is a stone bluff. You are ahead almost all the time.

With this read, I would show this hand down pretty much every time. For clarification, is there any chance you were not making it to the river (or is this completely hypothetical?)

I would raise the flop, bet the turn if it's not a heart, and call down if check raised on the turn. If he three bets the flop, I'd cap the flop, check/call the turn, and bet the river if checked to.

amulet
01-07-2005, 10:39 PM
i'd raise the flop, if he reraises or leads out on the turn i call him down. if he check raises the turn you need to relay on your read.

Entity
01-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I like Clark's line.

River2Pair
01-07-2005, 11:38 PM
It is quite possible that you have the best hand and that it isn't very vulnerable. What point is there in a flop raise heads-up? Maybe if this is the type of player who will try to check it down as soon as you call his flop bet, but overall I don't think you're maximizing your value by raising the flop.

Paluka
01-08-2005, 01:19 AM
I think I'm showing this hand down unless I get checkraised on some street and 4 hearts end up on the board. Mostly I'm wondering about when to raise the guy given that I hate folding to a 3 bet.

CardSharpCook
01-08-2005, 03:26 AM
I agree that the question here is how much money you can extract fom the man. That said, I'm calling him down all the way to the river at which point I show no emotion and stare him down as I say "raise". Maybe he'll get offended and call just to see how I beat him, maybe he'll reraise thinking he can bluff me out (at which point I call).

If this is online, I take some time before calling the the turn to ensure that he'll bet the river. The only thing that changes my play here is if two more hearts show up.

AlexM
01-08-2005, 02:56 PM
The way I'd usually play it is to raise and cap him on the flop and if he shows aggression after that, just call him down. The only question for me really is if he just calls on the flop then bets out the turn. I'd probably raise the turn if that happened, then call him down.

Peter_rus
01-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I raise this on flop against bad players who tend 'not to believe'. So he will call down to SD any pocket pair, any catched on turn or river pair with his 2 hearts and any king. I wouldn't fall to 3-bet on flop or c/raise on turn until heart goes to board.