PDA

View Full Version : Flush card hits, but also improves your hand...

Shang Chou
01-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Two hands from 2/4 limit holdem at Party Poker. Curious as to how you guys would play it:

Hand 1: Red KQoff in late position. One person ahead of me limps, I raise. Flop comes king high with two spades. Check to me I bet. He calls. Turn is a a king of spades, putting 3 spades out there but also improving me to trip kings. Checked to me again. Bet or check? If you bet, and get checkraised, then what? Call down or let it go on the river if you dont fill up?

Hand 2: Red QJoff on the button. One middle position caller limps in front of me, I raise and the blinds fold. MP calls. Flop is Queen high with two spades. Check to me, I bet, MP calls. Turn is a Jack of spades, giving me top two but 3 spades on board again. Same thing. Bet? Check?

Results:

Hand 1: I bet the trip kings and got check raised and called. River didnt fill me up and I called and got shown some weird crap like 48 of spades.

Hand 2: I checked the top two and MP bet into me on the river and I called. 108 of spades.

Nick C
01-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Hand 1: I think you played it fine. I wouldn't let the 3-flush stop me from betting against just one opponent when I had trip kings. And, after I got checkraised, I'd still be planning to show my hand down, even unimproved.

Hand 2: I think you should have bet the turn. Usually your heads-up opponent won't have the flush.

ReMMy
01-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Definately bet the turn on both hands. If you get checkraised you'll want to call down against your average opponent unless you have info telling you not to.

ReMMy