PDA

View Full Version : stats question

Prod1gy
01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I started 2/4 a while back and was at best breaking even over about 10k hands played. I knew I could beat the limit so a couple of friends helped me go through PT and examine some losing sessions. We found some problems and I have since corrected those.

Since that day my win rate is 3.11 bb/100 over 1800 hands.
My aggression factor has gone up to 1.30 (including preflop).

Should I really only examine my play at 2/4 from this date on and forget about the 10k hands before?

I still find myself having bad runs and sessions, but I would like to even out and be consistently around 2 bb/100 or more.

Any other stats I should look at to see if I am playing the best I can?

raccon
01-07-2005, 09:38 PM
1,800 hands is really nothing, don't draw any conclusions about that. 18,000 hands is a much better sample size.

You should always examine your session after you finish playing - look at the hands you lost with and also won with. If you find something intresting or just feel that you played some hand badly but aren't able to understand what you did wrong, post it here.

JinX11
01-07-2005, 10:08 PM
It sounds so trite, but just play the best you can.

Also, your aggression is very low (assuming your pre-flop stats are not included). Read SSHE.

EDIT: Sorry - pre-flop included. I. Should. Read. Slower. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Harv72b
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Jinx, he's including PF stats, but aggression factor should still be higher (I believe PT labels 1.5 as "aggressive").

Prod1gy, I'm sure you understand already that this sample is far too small to be meaningful, but as for your other questions...

If you really are changing your playing style that much, I would just start a new database...keep your old stats, and if you have the memory capabilities keep an "overall" DB, but focus on achieving your new goals & tracking those directly, rather than watching for minute changes in your overall numbers.

Pretty much every number in PT is useful in examing your game, but the ones that a lot of people look carefully at are:
VP$IP (should be in the 16-20 range)
PFR (should be in the 7-12 range)
AF (most people use only post-flop numbers; should be in the 2-3 range)
Went to Showdown (should be around 33%)
Won $ at SD (should be in the 52-57% range)

Again, the numbers aren't really going to mean anything until you've got 10K or so hands to work with, and even then you're only starting to get the picture. I'm just giving general numbers based on what I've seen said in similar threads in the past...those "should be" numbers will vary depending on playing style and other factors, but that's what you're looking for as a basic, everyday tight aggressive player.