PDA

View Full Version : Probability is Cool

mcozzy1
01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
It still blows me away how things work out statisically in the long run. In reviewing 60,000 hands worth of pokertracker stats, I should have been dealt AA every .0045 hands. In reality, I was dealth AA every .0047 hands. Pretty darn close! I guess I've been a little lucky.

pzhon
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In reviewing 60,000 hands worth of pokertracker stats, I should have been dealt AA every .0045 hands. In reality, I was dealth AA every .0047 hands. Pretty darn close! I guess I've been a little lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, but does Poker Tracker record the hand if you fold preflop and leave the table while the hand is going on? I presume you would never do this if you were dealt AA UTG, but you would do this with most hands if you were ending your session. This may bias your results slightly toward seeing more AA hands in Poker Tracker, though you might not notice this after only 60k hands.

schroedy
01-07-2005, 09:09 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . .

although it still doesn't explain why I see more AA than KK, QQ, JJ, TT or, for that matter any other PP. 88 and 55 are close.

I am pretty sure that it is just a statistical aberration after only 20K hands in my case.

Or else I am just getting even for a 4 year drought at B&M cardrooms. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TeeJayORTj
01-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I only have 11K hand in PT but AA is my most dealt hand...and I am winning 88% of the time...this is gonna end soon. But on the flip side KK and QQ are my least dealt hands.

But I have a super small sample size.

soko
01-07-2005, 11:59 PM
You would have to deal millions of hands for the proportions to all be correct, and it would take infinite number of hands for the distribution to be perfect.