PDA

View Full Version : set play on two-tone board

bigredlemon
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Here's a typical scenario:

PP 10+1, 25/50, everyone's stacks are about 1700
MP min-raises to 100. LP calls. you call on the button.

Flop is A/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif two hearts. You hold 99, no hearts. MP bets half the pot (~185), LP folds.

He could make that move with top pair weak kicker, a set, two pair, or any good draw. There's 560 in the pot. What's your move?

1. Call. He probably will bet on the river, so you can raise him then. But you're giving him the odds to draw.

2. Re-raise: any raise that'll give the flush/straight draw bad odds will also scare off a weak pair.

What would you do if it was a two-bone flop with rags and a lone A?

PhiGamTN
01-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Insta push... if you're beat already or you get sucked out on, well that's poker. Espcially with the ace and jack and 9 he could have a pair plus gut shot or something wacky like q10 . I'd be happy to win the pot here or be called by a draw.

This may change however if you've seen the mp mini-raise with aces before because a lot of PP players love to mini raise with them hoping someone else will reopen the betting but again I don't think i'm a good enough player to be able to get away from this hand the way it's been played so far.

With the 2 rags + an ace flop I reraise to about 400 and then shut it down if he calls or pushes