PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand Trey Wingo

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Anybody else here think he's just the biggest dick on ESPN?

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else here think he's just the biggest dick on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He is also annoying and generally idiotic.

EDIT-

Why? What did he say today?

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 06:04 PM
He's not so bad. There are some worse choices- Stu Scott comes to mind.

My favorite anchor would probably have to be Scott Van Pelt, though.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Stuart Scott is definitely my least favorite SC anchor, but he's not a dick. I've had enough of Berman, too. Van Pelt and Jon Anderson are probably my current favorites off the top of my head.

Trey Wingo and Sean "I Played in the NFL" Salisbury are just the two most incompetent retards I've ever seen them trott out in front of a camera and I'm just sick of them. Wingo talks so much [censored] all the time and he's just an idiot. Salisbury's not a dick, he's just an idiot. Why can't they get the kind of classy, REAL talent they have on Baseball Tonight for their NFL shows?

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:11 PM
great name though.

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had enough of Berman, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

He definitely walks a fine line. It's easy to get sick of him. Still, I have to respect the veteran.

I miss the guy with the beard. Charlie something? He was great.

Both Jon Anderson and Van Pelt do a great job. I like their work.

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I totally agree on John Anderson too. I was going to list him but decided to just go with Scott Van Pelt only. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Harold Reynolds is excellent on BBTN as well.

J.R.
01-07-2005, 06:17 PM
charlie steiner? he works for the yankees these days

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I totally agree on John Anderson too. I was going to list him but decided to just go with Scott Van Pelt only. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Harold Reynolds is excellent on BBTN as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I'm concerned, there's none better than the guys on BBTN. Harold Reynolds and Peter Gammons are the best there is. Tim Kurkjian is great too. The whole show is class.

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
charlie steiner? he works for the yankees these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That's his name. I knew he had moved on to the Yankees stuff, but I just couldn't remember his name.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I'm concerned, there's none better than the guys on BBTN. Harold Reynolds and Peter Gammons are the best there is. Tim Kurkjian is great too. The whole show is class.

[/ QUOTE ]I can't stand Kurkjian, he always has the most irrelevant stats and historical bs. "Manny had the highest pitchers per at bat in the past 20 years for a right handed left fielder".

You forgot Kruk too, who is easily the worst SOB in broadcasting. The rest are good though, love it when Dibble is on too.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I can't stand Kurkjian, he always has the most irrelevant stats and historical bs. "Manny had the highest pitchers per at bat in the past 20 years for a right handed left fielder".

You forgot Kruk too, who is easily the worst SOB in broadcasting. The rest are good though, love it when Dibble is on too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll give you Kruk. He's the equivalent of Tom Arnold.

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Kruk and Rob Dibble are both incredible assholes, Dibble especially. How can you possibly enjoy anything Dibble says?

Shajen
01-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Dan Patrick is one who used to be really good.

Now all he does is the radio stuff, and I don't listen, so I don't know if he's still good or what.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope Curt Schilling joins BBTN when he's done playing. He's easily my favorite pro athlete to hear talk and I think he'd be awesome on the show.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kruk and Rob Dibble are both incredible assholes, Dibble especially. How can you possibly enjoy anything Dibble says?

[/ QUOTE ]any body that openly advocates beaning batters is gold in my book.

Rick Diesel
01-07-2005, 06:27 PM
I forget if he is on ESPN now or still on Fox Sports, but Steven A. Smith is the worst by far, and its not even close.

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 06:28 PM
On another baseball tangent, what's up with Joe Morgan? I realize he was an excellent player and knows a lot about the game, but does anybody else think he acts kind of rude and like a know-it-all in his broadcasts with Johnny Miller?

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On another baseball tangent, what's up with Joe Morgan? I realize he was an excellent player and knows a lot about the game, but does anybody else think he acts kind of rude and like a know-it-all in his broadcasts with Johnny Miller?

[/ QUOTE ]no, thats just you.

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I forget if he is on ESPN now or still on Fox Sports, but Steven A. Smith is the worst by far, and its not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Steven A. either, but he has a lot more intelligence than Wingo. Really it's the combination of Wingo's traits that makes him so.... difficult to tolerate.

J.R.
01-07-2005, 06:38 PM
joe morgan is one of the most misinformed and inarticulate color men in the game. But its F'ing Joe Morgan, so he can get away with a lot of it, and he's such a class act. But his ignorance of the realtities of modern day baseball, most notably the rigourous statistical analysis which dispelled many old fashioned baseball truisms is astounding. Be he not Joe Morgan he would have been canned years ago.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:39 PM
LOL, yeah I know.

J.R.
01-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Why did Dan Patrick can "Ron" Dibble from the D.P. radio show? Stories like the late night drunken wrestling match with the candy bar alone in his hotel room were just classic and his constant misuse of the english language and open acknowledgement of how hungover he was were great.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't know, I like Dibble a lot, and I greatly dislike dan Patrick.

mojorisin24
01-07-2005, 06:43 PM
I agree. Although Berman does walk a fine line, I respect him because of his veteran status. But when it comes to who is the most annoying, Stuart Scott is positively insufferable.

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
joe morgan is one of the most misinformed and inarticulate color men in the game. Buts is F'ing Joe Morgan, so he can get away with a lot of it, and he's such a class act. But his ignorance of the realtities of modern day baseball, most notbaly the rigourous statistical analysis which dispelled many old fashioned baseball truisms is astounding. Be he not Joe Morgan he would have been canned years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I think this may be more what I was getting at. It just seems to me like often times when Johnny Miller makes an observation Joe likes to correct him with one of his "old fashioned baseball truisms" (well put).

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]. I forgot about Steven A. Smith. That guy is by far the absolute worst and the biggest dick there is on sports television. I don't watch the NBA, so I guess he slipped my mind. There are few people who I will consistently change the channel on regardless of what show they're on and what they're talking about. Steven A. Smith is one of them (even when he's on ATH or PTI!).

Continuing with good guys, I think another one of the best guys out there is Joe Buck. There were moments when I had enough of him, but overall, he's a great guy. I think generally speaking, baseball guys are the best (Joe's really getting into everything now though). This isn't because baseball is (or isn't) my favorite sport - it's just how it works out.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah Buck makes his poppa proud IMO. I think he is a pretty good baseball guy, football he is alright, but thats fine. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a "my local guy is greatest thread".

One guy that should be working for ESPN and ABC for B-Ball is Kevin Collabro, damn he is awesome. He worked for TNT for a while, but now he is back in Seattle. He'll make the game interesting and exciting though.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Okay, so here's my ranking of the worst people in sports television. BDSSP does not count as a real sports show (if it did, Chris Rose would be near the top of this list). Berman and Madden get a pass for their veteran status. Also, this list is still under construction and is subject to revision.

1. Steven A. Smith
2. Trey Wingo
3. Stuart Scott
4. Lee Corso
5. The pencilneck former Bengals WR on Fox that Jimmy Johnson replaced (can't think of his name right now)

ftball0000
01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Don't forget about the TNT/TBS basketball guys, How Ernie Johnson manages Barkley is beyond me, I think it's the best studio show of all sports, w/ BBTN 2nd

As far as sportscenter, give me Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman, "the big show" was where it was at

-Ftball

ftball0000
01-07-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so here's my ranking of the worst people in sports television. BDSSP does not count. Berman and Madden get a pass for their veteran status. Also, this list is still under construction and is subject to revision.

1. Steven A. Smith
2. Trey Wingo
3. Stuart Scott
4. Lee Corso
5. The pencilneck former Bengals WR on Fox that Jimmy Johnson replaced (can't think of his name right now)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Collinsworth, he sucks ass

B Dids
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
I like Wingo a lot. It's a shame he doens't do the sunday NFL radio show anymore.

I agree that Anderson/Van Pelt are the best right now.

I loathe Gammons and almost all of the Baseball Tonight crew.

Scott is OK at times, horrible at others.

Eurotrash
01-07-2005, 07:03 PM
You're a braver man than I for being able to enjoy Stu Scott's antics. I can't believe I actually liked him at one point, but that was back in the day when Rich Eisen still did Sportscenter.

His routines are too stale. I mean, "Boo-yah" is so 2001. And that thing where he's like "He done made his kinfolk so proud.. Pookie and them, Lucretia, Ray-Ray..." Ok, Stu, we get it.

Shajen
01-07-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so here's my ranking of the worst people in sports television. BDSSP does not count as a real sports show (if it did, Chris Rose would be near the top of this list). Berman and Madden get a pass for their veteran status. Also, this list is still under construction and is subject to revision.

1. Steven A. Smith
2. Trey Wingo
3. Stuart Scott
4. Lee Corso

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Tim McCarver not #s 1-4?

oop0
01-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I didnt read any of these posts so this may have been addressed. I hate trey wingo too and one time I counted him saying "fair enough" eleven times in one show. I hate it when he says that.

Sponger15SB
01-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Nobody has mentioned Sean Salisbury yet?!?!?!

He is such a [censored] moron they even made fun of him on the daily show last year during the TO Sharpie incident.

Easily the worst thing on ESPN, followed by Stephen A, then Stu Scott (but only because he has crazy eyes).

PTI is the best thing on ESPN by a mile. I want a 24 hour network of just Kornheiser and Wilbon.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 07:30 PM
I did mention Sean "I Used To Play In The NFL" Salisbury in an earlier post, but you're right. I missed him when it came time for the list. Here's the latest revision of the list:

1. Steven "[censored] A" Smith
2. Trey "Fair Enough" Wingo
3. Stuart "I've Overdone My Schtick" Scott
4. Sean "I Used To Play In The NFL" Salisbury
5. One more I forgot the name of - that jackass on College Gameday - he used to play for Nebraska
6. Lee "Lamest Old Man In Football" Corso
7. Chris "My Adam's Apple Is Bigger Than My ___" Collinsworth

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Fair enough.

J.R.
01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Do you mean Trev "stop moving your hands when you talk" Alberts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/thenetwork/bios/images/alberts.jpg

PhatTBoll
01-07-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. One more I forgot the name of - that jackass on College Gameday - he used to play for Nebraska

[/ QUOTE ]

Trev Alberts. He is the absolute worst. We get it, Oklahoma is good, now shut the f[/i]uck up already.

B Dids
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM
The thing about Scott, and he's said this, is that he's not doing a lot of what he does for the Sportscenter target demo. To be unPC, what he does resonates much better with the black audience, and that's intentional.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Okay, now that I was reminded what Trev Alberts' name was, here's the list as it will stand and be official as of Friday, January 7, 2005*:

1. Steven "[censored] A" Smith
2. Trey "Fair Enough" Wingo
3. Stuart "I've Overdone My Schtick" Scott
4. Sean "I Used To Play In The NFL" Salisbury
5. Trev "I Like To Move My Hands When I Talk" Alberts
6. Lee "Lamest Old Man In Football" Corso
7. Chris "My Adam's Apple Is Bigger Than My ___" Collinsworth

*Members of BDSSP don't count (Chris Rose would otherwise surely make this list), as their show isn't really a legitimate sports show and Berman and Madden get a pass for their veteran status.

Notice how 5 out of 7 are football guys. I don't think it's been a secret that football, while being the best television sport there is, has the worst analysts and commentators.

The Yugoslavian
01-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Ummm, where is Jime 'no substance' Rome?? (maybe he doesn't count as an analyst/commentator?)

How about Max 'I'm the greatest ... in the history' Kellerman?

Where is Doug 'I repeat the same crappy insight about points being worth more at the end of quarters [editor's note: all shots are consistently worth the same amount of points throughout a game) all game and ruin Kevin Harlin's overall brilliance' Collins?

The Yugoslavian
01-07-2005, 09:42 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAH!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAH!

I have Stuart Scott's job down pat.

Yugoslav