PDA

View Full Version : Letterman vs. O'Brien

Inthacup
01-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Who is funnier?

namknils
01-07-2005, 04:49 PM
This is a better poll than the LenoLetterman one. I think OBrien is funnier, but I haven't actually watched his show in a long time. He is definately funnier than Leno too.

Benal
01-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Letterman, yup.

O'brian annoys me.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 04:50 PM
They both suck and it's not close.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 04:53 PM
How can so many people think O'Brien is funny. His show totally sucks now, half his jokes bomb and his skits are horrendous.

Jman28
01-07-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I liked you jake. Now I'm worried you're borderline retarted.

Inthacup
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
I like Conan and am pleased to know that he will be taking over the Tonight Show...in 2009

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like Conan and am pleased to know that he will be taking over the Tonight Show...in 2009

[/ QUOTE ]maybe his humor will have matured from a 15 years old to a 21 years old.

namknils
01-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that's why I said he's funnier than Leno. I knew he was taking over but I forgot when. 5 years is too long to wait, he should be taking over now.

2planka
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Past my bedtime.

Jman28
01-07-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]maybe his humor will have matured from a 15 years old to a 21 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't understand Conan's humor baffle me. He is one of the wittiest men of our time.

-Jman28

ClaytonN
01-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I can relate to Conan's humor a helluva lot more than Leno's for sure.

And Letterman is the crap my grandparents watch.

I know this much, I laugh more at Conan's show than any other late-night show.

dr. klopek
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Conan Obrien's show is absolutely hilarious. To be fair I haven't watched it in a while, but every one I've seen totally kicked ass. Pimpbot!??!?!?!!?

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
he was one of the wittiest people ever, now all he does is the same bits over and over and over.

DBowling
01-07-2005, 05:24 PM
OBrien used to be a lot funnier. A few years ago. With andy richter. Now it just seems like he's an egomaniac. Better than leno, better than letterman, but unfortunatly, it is now "close"

DBowling
01-07-2005, 05:27 PM
pimpbot is classic conan, those days are long gone though.

wayabvpar
01-07-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unintentional comedy rating is off the charts.

dr. klopek
01-07-2005, 05:54 PM
"In the year 2000...

It will once again be o.k. to make fun of midgets, when they reveal that they could grow up if they wanted to."

Jman28
01-07-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You got me man.

Gimme a break on this one. I got my wisdom teeth out this morning and I'm on vicodin. I'm suprised I'm at least making sense.

-Jman28

dr. klopek
01-07-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You got me man.

Gimme a break on this one. I got my wisdom teeth out this morning and I'm on vicodin. I'm suprised I'm at least making sense.

-Jman28

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that stuff's pretty bad. I'll PM you my address if you wanna get rid of it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-07-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is he's not a big-budget kind of host. His stuff is funny, but his schtick isn't the glammy ritzed up Tonight Show style. I guess he'd be good doing it the Tonight Show way too, but I don't think it'll be the same show as he has now.

AngryCola
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he was one of the wittiest people ever, now all he does is the same bits over and over and over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he is/was a great writer. His current stuff is rather disappointing.

Btw, since I'm not going to comment in the other "Leno vs. Letterman" poll, I'd like to point out that Leno sucks.

He basically ripped off a lot of Letterman's ideas. Plus, Jay's jokes are not funny.

Honestly, late night shows like these have really gone to hell. I can't watch any of them anymore. Letterman disappoints me, because he really doesn't "get up" for the show like he used to. He's become awfully bland.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I use to enjoy watching the Daily Show and then Tough Crowd, but now TC is gone and TDS is to political /images/graemlins/mad.gif

_2000Flushes
01-07-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is he's not a big-budget kind of host. His stuff is funny, but his schtick isn't the glammy ritzed up Tonight Show style. I guess he'd be good doing it the Tonight Show way too, but I don't think it'll be the same show as he has now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I think you're right. Jay Leno is successful because he panders to the adult crowd who never advanced beyond a sixth grade reading level.

Conan is a genius. Letterman is too, but I think that their joke wells are running dry after filling an hour/day for the last however many years.

We need someone who has equal wit with a fresh perspective. We need Bump-en-Stein.

-2kF

felson
01-07-2005, 07:41 PM
1. Triumph the Insult Comic Dog visits Star Wars fans, some in costume

Triumph: So what is this? (gestures to chest box)
Darth Vader: This is my chest box that helps me to breathe.
Triumph: This is to help you breathe, yes?
Vader: (breathing) Yes.
Triumph: So which of these buttons -- (giggles) -- which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?

2. Guest segment

Conan: So I heard that you were dating an older woman.
Jon Lovitz: (irritated) Conan, I asked you not to bring that up.
Conan: I'm sorry. It's just that I heard you were dating a very nice older woman.
Jon: (sighs) Yes, well, I had my heart broken. I met this older woman. Beautiful woman, wonderful.
Conan: Mm hmm.
Jon: And then one day we were sitting in a restaurant. And she said to me, "I have a son." And I said, "you do?" And she said, "yes, and I want you to meet him. Look, here he comes, walking through the door." And who do you think it was?
Conan: I don't know, who?
Jon: It was you!

(slightly later)

Jon: (to Conan) Well, now you know where you got your red hair from!