PDA

View Full Version : yanks win...2-0..

10-18-2001, 11:52 PM
wow..rocket going next...wow...g;l

10-19-2001, 12:31 AM
Damn how come you make so many mistakes for a team you follow so closely? Note who the next starter is for the Yankees, here's a hint it isn't Clemens...

10-19-2001, 11:45 AM
.....are appreciated, since you thought Seattle was so clearly superior and that the Yankee run would come to an end. Note: I did as well to be truthful.

Although it still might, you wouldn't find too many Seattle backers out there anymore. A number of ML scouts thought the Yankee pitching was just too damn strong for Seattle. Also, the way the 1st series went, the Mariners were starting this series off hamstrung by their pitching due to the Injun series series going 5 gms, while NY just continues to roll on with starter after starter.

Most importantly, how do you feel about the Yankees being in the Mariner's heads. Pinella's act after the game was lame and sophpmoric. If Seattle needs this to produce vs the Bombers, they're done for

10-19-2001, 04:22 PM
states they'll move clens up to snuff em out , but hey...gl

10-20-2001, 02:35 AM
I can recite the rotation of the M's and who is available and you can't even get the well publicized starter right? That's my point. Whether Pinella's "speech" works or not who cares? This team knows what they need to do and will go into NY with their confidence still intact. This team is no different from the Yanks were in the last series. They aren't down, they aren't panicking, they can't wait to get out there. Personally I think the next two pitchers are guys they can hit and Pettitte has been a guy they hit before so winning all 3 in NY wouldn't surprise me. This team is one where one big inning will fire them up and everyone will contribute for a time after that. I don't know if they have enough to win the series but I doubt they are going to go quietly either.

10-22-2001, 12:28 AM
....was Clemens. Why the attitude with me?

Maybe because the Yankees are clutch, and the Mariners are feeling the pressure with their bullpen meltdown tonight, don't you think Pinella's act was lame - that's all? I didn't see Joe Torre or Art Howe. or even 'Beat-your-wife' Bobby Cox acting like a-holes when their teams went thru adversity - no dopey, veins-popping-out "guarantees". Its lame WB, very, very tired and very, very lame. BTW, if your boys don't win 3 in a row, they will be known forever as the 116 regular season chokers.

10-22-2001, 01:33 AM
The WB attitude stems from well ... you know uh errr....... /images/smile.gif.

A Piniella quote after the game:

"This puts us in a rather precarious position," Piniella said. "It was a great ballgame. We didn't lose. We just got beat."

He must have been talking to Yogi this week, it's deja vous all over again!

10-22-2001, 02:53 AM
Lets see here, "up 2-0, Rocket going next"...hmm, sounds like you are saying Clemens is the game 3 starter. Sorry for confusing what seemed like an obvious comment. Don't worry, I don't even bother trying to reason with Yankee fans so I will go away...

10-22-2001, 10:35 AM
"sounds like you are saying Clemens is the game 3 starter."

Aside to WB: scalf said rocket was going - not me. Your answer was to MY post - you should just say you made a mistake, instead of being defensive about your big bad mariners and making cockamamie remarks like: "Don't worry, I don't even bother trying to reason with Yankee fans so I will go away..."

Having admonished you for being a baby, I can tell you this:

The sun will come up again - even after this great yankee dynasty is over. It will. I promise. Now you can go to your room without eating crow.

BTW, great managing by your man Pinella. I guess Rhodes didn't self-implode last year, so no reason to think he would this year agin huh? And how bout that great Seattle closer?? Mr automatic. But there IS hope. If you guys win tonite, the pitching matchups are a little better than even for game 6 and clearly in Seattle's favor for game 7. The only question is whether Sele can help being Sele all over again tonight. He who fails to learn from history is doomed to repeat it. I wonder if the author of this remark had Arthur Rhodes in mind when he said it?? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - betcha you have Seattle for the series too. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.