PDA

View Full Version : Help, I have a suited connector addiction.....

mtdoak
01-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I have a strange addiction (coming from my NL and Tourney games) where I play hands like 4-5s, 8-7s from the middle positions, and even their offsuited partners on the button or the BB to a raise. Any advice?

Grease
01-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Don't. Well, hands like 87s are ok from LP with many limpers in an unraised pot, although some can be played in a raised pot if everyone is in, but I won't advocate that, just to be on the safe side. The smallest offsuit cards I play from the button are KQo with a lot of limpers, but I try to steal with smaller stuff or isolate a weak limper. I'm ridiculously tight though. Open limping with these hands is never correct though.

ElSapo
01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't think of it as a "suited connector." Call it 8-high and see how you feel.

PokerBob
01-07-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never get in a land war in Asia.

Vinny Testaverde
01-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Never trust a sicilian when death is on the line.

sthief09
01-07-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't think of it as a "suited connector." Call it 8-high and see how you feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

very well put. I'm going to use that line in the future if you don't mind

and just to actually add something to the thread, big cards and pairs win in hold'em. when you have position, you can start loosening up, but without position you should be tight.

chief444
01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Never trust Vinny when the game is on the line.

Marcotte
01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Damn, Chief beat me to it, but...

[Cartman voice]
You need to lay of the iocane powder, seriously.
[/Cartman voice]

Marcotte
01-07-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The smallest offsuit cards I play from the button are KQo with a lot of limpers, but I try to steal with smaller stuff or isolate a weak limper. I'm ridiculously tight though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd rather have JTo on the button than KQo. Could be wrong though. After all, my name is Marcotte and I'm a suited-connector-oholic.

ElSapo
01-07-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd rather have JTo on the button than KQo. Could be wrong though. After all, my name is Marcotte and I'm a suited-connector-oholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you're wrong. And neither in your example is suited, so what am I missing?