PDA

View Full Version : This guy wants his 15 minutes of fame

Zoltri
01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
By JOE MILICIA, Associated Press Writer

CLEVELAND - A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize — but eating rats went "too far."

"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded — and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

elwoodblues
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you might expect some sanctions.

Shajen
01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
If this does for some reason make it in front of a judge, the judge should rule that this man be required to get his nuts snipped before he has children. There are enough morons in this world, we don't need them breeding.

What a douche.

CCx
01-07-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "I got drunk at home watching TV, and slipped and broke my ass."

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 12:46 PM
15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1

End of thread!