PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on NFL futures?

DOTTT
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Right now I'm leaning towards the Rams in the NFC, and the Steelers in the AFC. Anyone else?

CCx
01-07-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Right now I'm leaning towards the Rams in the NFC

[/ QUOTE ]

You could just give your money to me instead, what with you wanting to throw it away like that. Even at 18-1 (current line for STL), I wouldn't take it...just a waste of money.

Steelers probably aren't a bad pick, but at 8-5 I don't know how much value there is in that bet...especially with NE and IND at 2-1 and 3-1 respectively.

DOTTT
01-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Actaully the line right now is 25 to 1, it just seems the best value in the NFC, and to tell you the truth I think they're just as good as Min.

CCx
01-07-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actaully the line right now is 25 to 1, it just seems the best value in the NFC, and to tell you the truth I think they're just as good as Min.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're getting a hell of a line then, I haven't seen it above 18-1, but I stick to only a few books...good luck but it's a losing bet no matter how you slice it (Minny aint goin' nowhere either /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

ttleistdci
01-07-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as good as Minn...that's not saying too much. Mike Martz has about as much of a chance to coach a Super Bowl team as Doc Rivers does of making the NBA Finals.
Sportsinteraction.com has them at 26-1 now. Nice if you hit it, but I agree...just kinda throwin your money away. They're aren't exactly any powerhouses in the NFC, but I just don't think the Rams have a shot.

CCx
01-07-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They're aren't exactly any powerhouses in the NFC, but I just don't think the Rams have a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that as if my Eagles didn't go 13-3 and destroy everyone in their path this season... (except the Stillers, see you in the Super Bowl!) People think T.O. getting hurt was the end of the world....we're still going to the Super Bowl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lottery Larry
01-07-2005, 03:44 PM
If you jinx us, you won't make it out of the next DPC game...

DOTTT
01-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I agree, but Min. right now is giving 18 to 1, so I'l gladly take the Rams at 25 to 1.

ttleistdci
01-07-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're aren't exactly any powerhouses in the NFC, but I just don't think the Rams have a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that as if my Eagles didn't go 13-3 and destroy everyone in their path this season... (except the Stillers, see you in the Super Bowl!) People think T.O. getting hurt was the end of the world....we're still going to the Super Bowl /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

TO getting hurt isn't the end of the world, but it's a huge blow to your offense. Taking an MVP candidate like TO away from any offense is devistating.
Besides The Freak, Philly is pretty much back to the team that has lost 3 straight NFC title games.
Don't get me wrong, I still think they're Super Bowl bound, but it's gonna be a harder task without TO. It's just a good thing they're playing in the NFC! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
But you did get one thing wrong...it's the Pats, not the Steelers, you'll be playin in Jacksonville /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCx
01-07-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides The Freak, Philly is pretty much back to the team that has lost 3 straight NFC title games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect - they did not have Brian Westbrook for the NFC title game last year. See you in Jacksonville /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ttleistdci
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect - they did not have Brian Westbrook for the NFC title game last year. See you in Jacksonville /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche. I forgot about him.