PDA

View Full Version : Bagels or Donuts?

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Which would you prefer a coworker bring to the office. Average bagel or donut, not subject to which specific flavor, or place you get them. If you don't have an office, assume you do.

Shajen
01-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Allow me to fire the first shot:

Those of you who said bagel are hippy butt-plugging monkeys who can't play poker and use a sock puppet for self gratification.

MHIG.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

fnord_too
01-07-2005, 10:41 AM
For me, definitely donuts. I like to butter and toast my bagels, and I have yet to be in an office that has real butter, a real knife cut the bagel if it is not sliced, a metal knife to apply the butter, and a toaster oven to toast it in.

At home, bagels all the way.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For me, definitely donuts. I like to butter and toast my bagels, and I have yet to be in an office that has real butter, a real knife cut the bagel if it is not sliced, a metal knife to apply the butter, and a toaster oven to toast it in. At home, bagels all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually where I work we have a nice kitchen with all that stuff.

TheRake
01-07-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Besides donuts are common and bagels are extraordinary /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheRake

fnord_too
01-07-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Besides donuts are common and bagels are extraordinary /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheRake

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing we have is a microwave. Oh, and an esspresso/mocha/hot chocolate/coffee machine. (One of those ones where you see it being made through the plexiglass. Often set up as vending machines, but ours is free. Yes, I'm trying to fight off jealosy for your uber kitchens.)

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Hmmmm...donuts seem to be slightly more popular so far, but it's a very close race. Maybe next time I buy for the office I'll do donuts.

Shajen
01-07-2005, 11:17 AM
hippy.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hippy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I actually prefer donuts. It has to do with which store in on the way to work. I'm willing to fork out money for food, but not go a block out of my way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lazymeatball
01-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I prefer donuts, but then I work overnights so I take what ever food is left in the breakroom and hasn't gone stale yet. Old donuts taste better than old bagels for some reason. Old mozzarella stick are really bad, but cake is always good.

WC64
01-07-2005, 11:47 AM
I prefer bagels

namknils
01-07-2005, 11:51 AM
It's bagels all the way for me, and I do have all that stuff at my work kitchen, so I suppose it's an "uber kitchen". But even if I didn't I would prefer a bagel every time.

turnipmonster
01-07-2005, 11:54 AM
same, bagels. especially if they are from H&H and still warm.

B00T
01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
if you live in NY or some area that can actually make good bagels, you get bagels. If you live in Bumblebleepers you get donuts.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you live in NY or some area that can actually make good bagels, you get bagels. If you live in Bumblebleepers you get donuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf is Bumblebleepers?

fnord_too
01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf is Bumblebleepers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is about an hour from BFE.

Shajen
01-07-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to translate:

If you think NYC is the only place that has culture, you eat bagels. If you think more of your shoes than the homeless person you step over like they aren't there, then you prefer bagels.

If you are the [censored] man, you prefer donuts.

(Disclaimer: I don't really care, and this isn't an attack. It's a slow-assed friday and I'm bored.)

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheRake
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Does anyone live in an area where they can get cream sticks? When I lived in Ohio we had cream sticks made with butter cream. In Texas all they have are eclaires(sp?) with custard in them. Those suck! Cream sticks rule. Guess that's why I don't like donuts much anymore.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
I like plain donuts, but if they are sugarey, I'll take bagels easily.

turnipmonster
01-07-2005, 12:22 PM
like the old fashioned cake kind? I like those too.

ThaSaltCracka
01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like the old fashioned cake kind? I like those too.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, but right now I have one of those cinnamon twist thingys.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allow me to translate:
If you think NYC is the only place that has culture, you eat bagels. If you think more of your shoes than the homeless person you step over like they aren't there, then you prefer bagels.

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't those first things describe "The Man"?

Shajen
01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Allow me to translate:

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't those first things describe "The Man"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...no?......Yes?

[censored]. I always did suck at these multiple choice questions.

B00T
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I figured bumblefuck would get censored. We shall see.

B00T
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Oh well, would of been fine.