PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to be at the Borgata this weekend?

CCx
01-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I'll be there on Saturday, from about 1pm until whenever... who else is headed down there? I know a few people have mentioned it in various posts, and I think it'd be cool to meet some of you guys, so give a shout in this post and maybe we can set something up /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AviD
01-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Will be there tonight (Friday) and through Saturday until who knows when. May be going snowboarding on Sunday, so if that will likely dictate the time I leave the Borgata on Saturday! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

edtost
01-07-2005, 12:15 PM
myself, scrub, and evan will be there at some point, i think.

AviD
01-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I changed my mind, I'm not going! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

j/k, see you guys down there...looking forward to the 2/4 chip castles towering over Evan's head! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

RogerZBT
01-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Heading down tonight after work. Hope to be in AC by around 7.

dmk
01-07-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm heading up Sat morning and staying through Sun evening.

Still wondering if I should go play in the $1000 @ harrah's on Sun.

scrub
01-07-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
myself, scrub, and evan will be there at some point, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're probably staying at the Trop or in Absecon, though.

I'll be there Sunday night into Monday staying at the Borgata--not sure about Ed and Evan yet.

scrub

MisterKing
01-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Dammit AviD, I blame YOU for me not winning the monster jackpot on Party last night. It hit about an hour after you left the table, at something like $445,000.

I'll be at the Borgata tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday morning with some friends. I'll probably throw one of those cheesy, awful looking free Party Poker hats on while playing (3/6, 1/2NL, and maybe some 6/12), just for the hell of it.

Also going to try to satellite into the $500 limit event at Harrah's on Saturday.

*Oh, and for those knowledgeable about AC (I've only been to the Borgata), who spreads 4/8 and how are the games at this level (Trop?)?*

CCx
01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
i'll be the very bald, young looking guy with tattoos all over my arms and wearing glasses playing 6/12 on saturday afternoon/evening - you can call me CCx if you see me, it's my 'real life and not just on the computer' nickname as well

hope to meet some 2+2'ers down there - best of luck to those playing the harrahs tourney

AviD
01-07-2005, 03:39 PM
MisterKing:

Did they hit it at one of our tables!??! I'd be pissed! One of my tables almost had it, but some dude raised and pushed out the second qualifier who had J8o in the BB and would have hit quad 8s with a J kicker.

JEM7VSBL
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
sweet, i'll be there from sunday afternoon until tuesday whenever. hope to see some of you guys there. i'll be playing at the 6/12 tables.

Nagoo81
01-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll most likely be in AC, either at the Borgata (gotta try out that Noodle Bar) or at the Taj (gotta try out that Noodle Bar, although they don't take money, and they don't take poker comps during the weekend :/)

But I don't think I'll be wanting to introduce myself as a less than $6/$12 or $5/$10 player :/

edtost
01-07-2005, 04:58 PM
you can always be one of those people who makes money when we start up a drunken 2/4 table.....

RogerZBT
01-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Ooooh. Can I come?

I'll be the black, bald guy playing low-limit. Green polo shirt and jeans. Tomorrow it'll be a Yankee BP jersey.

edtost
01-07-2005, 05:34 PM
i don't know if one will actually happen this trip, but anyone not scared by the mountains of chips and blind capping is more than welcome if it does. i'll be the youngish unshaven kid with a faded orange titleist hat on, likely sitting 2/5 nl or 10/20.

dmk
01-07-2005, 05:59 PM
FYI, I'll probably be wearing a grey Eddie Bauer hoodie. Feel free to say hello /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll be the youngish unshaven kid with a faded orange titleist hat on

[/ QUOTE ]

Who somehow looks about 10 years older than me.

scrub

Monkeyslacks
01-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm here now and would be happy to participate in any chip-spewing games anyone wants to play. I'm the 26 year old guy wearing hearing aids playing whatever mid limit game looks good. That should narrow it down.

Say hi.

mostsmooth
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll most likely be in AC, either at the Borgata (gotta try out that Noodle Bar) or at the Taj (gotta try out that Noodle Bar, although they don't take money, and they don't take poker comps during the weekend :/)

But I don't think I'll be wanting to introduce myself as a less than $6/$12 or $5/$10 player :/

[/ QUOTE ]
fyi, theres a noodle bar at trop as well

CCx
01-09-2005, 11:44 AM
had a blast at the borgata, was very nice to meet avid, dmk and junkmail3 (adam), some highlights:

* sitting next to adam for about 4 hours, constantly giving each other crap about raising, commonly referring to the other as 'you son of a bitch' each time a raise came from one of us - so we're on our way to dinner and he goes 'so you from 2+2 or what' - like jesus man, say something 4 hours ago so i know!!

* dmk was across the table playing super serious, nice stern look on his face the whole time....im about 302 heinekens deep and i keep razzing him from the other side of the table on loosening up a little bit, etc. - at dinner adam points out that hey, isnt that the guy from 2+2 (based on what he said he'd be wearing) - yes, yes it is....so a few 2+2 comments later at the table, dmk finally cracks a smile and says 'so who are you guys?' - after the introductions, buddy finally loosens up, a few straddles and blind hands later, and everyone's having a blast now (nice job on the woman too dmk, you clearly outkicked your coverage /images/graemlins/grin.gif) - we now have three 2+2'ers at the table, which has gotten significantly younger since 1pm

* KK RULED the table - there was a kid on the other side of the table (next to dmk) who couldnt stop shaking every time he bet (and REALLY shook when he had a hand, like he had seen a ghost) - my man got KK SEVEN times, and all but one it held up. i got KK twice, both times held up, and it was dealt and held up at least 5 other times during the session. wacky, but when you looked down and saw it, you knew it was about to be on...

* the hand that put me on super-mega-astro-hyper tilt ... guido slathered in what appeared to be gold (plated) jewelry sits down two to my left. i'm dealt AA, raise, one caller (guido), all fold. flop comes Q rag rag, i bet, guido raises, i re-raise, guido calls. turn rag. bet, guido calls. river Q. i bet, guido raises, i call - guido turns over Q8o to crack my AA, and i went nuts. reference 302 heinekens for degree of nuttyness. very nice lady to the right of me tells me to calm down, but i'm too far gone.

* about a half hour later, i built my stack back up to a respectable level, when i'm dealt A7s and limp, flop comes AK9 two spades. turns out to be just me and guido after some raising. turn is another A, some betting, etc. river is a spade giving me the nut flush, and three A's just in case that wasnt good enough. bet, raise, call - guido flips over A9 for the boat. seeya! (technically i didnt leave until two hands later when the shaky kid got KK for the billionth time and flopped a set against my AT, but details, details)

* the whole poker room went absolutely apesh!t when the jets won, poker was totally not even being paid attention to for the final 5 minutes of the game and all of OT - having loot on the chargers sucked

* degenerate gambler who bet on every horse in the place was at the table for a few hours, and at one time he had the trifecta going on one of the races, and said to the table 'if i hit this, 10% to the whole table!' - i dont much bet on horses (people only), but for a minute and a half the table stopped to cheer for 'the god damn 2, 4, and 7 horses' the 2 came in fourth, the rest didnt place, and there went our freeroll - one of the dealers who showed up at our table was also heavy into the horses, and spent more time talking about the horsetrack than dealing the cards - he also snorted every time he laughed like george costanza

another fun weekend at the borgata (minus the spewing chips on tilt part), looking forward to next weekend already /images/graemlins/grin.gif

junkmail3
01-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Agreed it was all very fun. It was great fun doubling my stack by 6.00pm only to spew it all back by 1.00am.

The best part of the evening had to be raising from the BB every time CCx limped in the SB. That'll teach ya, you son of a bitch.

One hand that helped me come back down was when dmk straddled, one cold call, I see 88 and reraise, SB calls, dmk caps, we all call (though laying in bed this morning I thought, I probably could have/should have made it 5 to go) SB and I are the only ones betting the whole way to the river and his Qxo is good.

Another good hand (that was on my way to building my stack) was when I cold called CCx in MP with ATs, I flopped a backdoor straight draw and backdoor flush draw, called the flop, turned the flush draw into a real draw, checked the turn (which paired Ks) only to hit my flush on the river. I got check raised by CCx and should have 3-bet, but I called. KQ no good. Begin tilt.

Other fun times were check raising guido slathered in what appeared to be gold (plated) jewelry with nut straights heads up on the river several times.

Nice to meet everyone and I'm switching tables next time.

CCx
01-09-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got check raised by CCx and should have 3-bet, but I called. KQ no good. Begin tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You son of a bitch....

...let me know next time you're headed down there, we'll carpool or meetup again (i'm assuming your friend wont be going since his woman wont let him /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Luv2DriveTT
01-09-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one of the dealers who showed up at our table was also heavy into the horses, and spent more time talking about the horsetrack than dealing the cards - he also snorted every time he laughed like george costanz

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that dealer, he always gets double from me. He is really funny if you get him rolling, and it doesn't even affect his ability to deal. Cool guy.

Did you guys meet Evan, Scrub, Ed (I think he posted he was going), or any of the other 2+2ers in the hiz-ouse?

I just booked my room for this coming Saturday, whos going to be in AC for the Harrahs fishathon? I'm going to skip the tournament, since the Trop's pink chip game is no more I'll be hanging at the Borg each day playing 6/12. Sat evening I'll be at the Empire Poker party at Harrahs if anyone is going. I'll be easy to find, I'll the the only person wearing a very loud yet stylish (thanks for the compliment last time Brad) striped blazer.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

JEM7VSBL
01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
i'll be leaving for the borg in a few hours, going to be there at the 6/12 tonight through tuesday afternoon, i'm the youngish asian guy, 5'8", short hair, wearing jeans and probably some buttondown shirt. and yes, i've already gotten the "that describes about 35% of the borgata population", heheh. oh wait, i'll be wearing a silver class ring with a bright ass blue stone. you really can't miss it...just say hi if you see me, i've always wanted to meet some other 2+2er's.

CCx
01-09-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you guys meet Evan, Scrub, Ed (I think he posted he was going), or any of the other 2+2ers in the hiz-ouse

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw....according to Avid, they were there before I got there, had played all night the night before and went back to the hotel to sleep - maybe next time!

I'll hit you up if/when I head down next weekend, would be fun to meet more 2+2'ers...

AviD
01-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey man, was good meeting you.

scrub, Evan, edtost, and James282 were there later than night (Saturday). I left around 2:30AM or so, but only saw Evan and James before leaving...not sure where edtost and scrub went.

I looked for you probably around midnight but I think you got up by then or were at a different table?

Anyway, they were there...probably still there! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And the ending to that Jets game was sick. My table (pretty good table) was having a great time, enjoyed the weekend.

I'll be heading back next weekend from Friday through Monday for MLK weekend (Monday off from work, niiiiiiice /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

dmk
01-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I somehow managed to sit at yet another table sunday morning w/ 2 2+2ers (scrub/ed) playing 1/2NL. It was a good time, I'm sure someone will post more later, I gotta run for now. Nice to meet everyone, had a great time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I somehow managed to sit at yet another table sunday morning w/ 2 2+2ers (scrub/ed) playing 1/2NL. It was a good time, I'm sure someone will post more later, I gotta run for now. Nice to meet everyone, had a great time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah--it was nice to meet you. Sorry we weren't more fun, I was working on a pretty huge hangover and was just trying to stay awake until I could check into my room...

I'll be here for a few more days--anyone can shoot me a PM if they want to meet up. I'll try my best to be a bit more alert and social.../images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub

scrub

MisterKing
01-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Good to play with you guys (Scrub, Borgata hat guy whose name I forget because I *still* haven't slept, and maybe one or two others that didn't reveal themselves? Perhaps the asian guy in the 9's who had chips from Aladdin and the Trop? Or the AC local in the 10s?) late Saturday (or, more accurately, very early Sunday morning) in the 1-2 NL game there at the Borg. It was kinda funny trouting somebody in a B&M, as I had only done it online before. I am sad that I missed the Sunday 2/4 2+2 game, but there was just too much money to be had on my 1-2 NL that it would have been dumb to leave.

Yeah, I know, I played uber weak-tight in a few big pots. Laying down 77 on a JJx board? Oops. You'd have folded to a pot-size raise, right Scrub? But really Borgata-hat-guy (again, apologies on the name) wins the honor for showing me how the big boys play NL... raising 18x the BB PF with 46o (no pair, no draws), leading into me for $25 on a monotone K-high board whose suit he didn't have, I make it $50 more and he 3-bets me for $100 more. That's balls, while I, on the other hand, have none since I meekly folded AK with no hearts. My whole "NO LIMPING" campaign at the table was good fun, however, despite the fact that you guys sniffed out most of my raises with QQ/KK/AA. I did catch you more than a few times with total trash, however... which was fun.

Sat 1/2 NL earlier Sunday morning with two goombah type guys, late 20s or very early 30s, and man did these two spew chips. Designer shirts unbuttoned half way down, sitting with $500 (reluctantly took 200 off when the dealer made them). First hand in, one of them raises big PF and gets it HU with a 20-something asian guy. Flop is 746 rainbow, lots of betting. Turn brings a 3, and goombah springs to life for a $100 raise yelling "I GOT THE 8!! I GOT THE 8!!!" Asian guy looks puzzled, re-raises and gets called. River pairs the board, Goombah moves all in still yammering about "the 8," and Asian guy in the 4 seat calls with AA. What does Goombah turn over? 8-x for a straight to the 8 that's MISSING A 5. Or in other words, no straight at all. He dumped $300 on his first hand, and it continued from there, with everyone at the table yelling "I GOT THE 8" anytime they put in a raise. Good stuff. I think I'll have to introduce this phrase to my home game.

And oh that Jets game. I had a prop bet, paying 3-1 with the guy to my left, that Kaeding would make the field goal (I paid him 3x if Kaeding missed)... and of course doink, the schmuck misses. The whole room did just stop caring about poker for a while -- including the dealers.

I'm sure there are other things worth writing about, but I can't remember them right now. Great weekend. Oh, right, I blind straddled in 2/4, was dealt AA on Friday night, and got ONE CALLER. I blind bet the flop, he folds, I roll my cards thinking it'll be J4o or something and no, nope, its aces. ARGH!

edtost
01-10-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good to play with you guys (Scrub, Borgata hat guy whose name I forget because I *still* haven't slept, and maybe one or two others that didn't reveal themselves? Perhaps the asian guy in the 9's who had chips from Aladdin and the Trop? Or the AC local in the 10s?) late Saturday (or, more accurately, very early Sunday morning) in the 1-2 NL game there at the Borg

[/ QUOTE ]

since you seem to describe there being action at the table, i'm going to assume i hadn't moved over to it yet, because it blew by the time i moved over to it. i was the youngish unshaven guy in the orange titleist hat, who sat in the 10 seat to start.

MisterKing
01-11-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't recall anyone with a Titleist hat on at the table (1-2 NL, wee hours of Sunday AM, maybe 3 to 11AM), but I was up for about 22 hours on end, so my memory is a little buggy. Scrub was definitely at the table, to my left, and the table was back by the bathrooms. I had a beat up Columbus Blue Jackets hat on (with a big red "C" on the front). But mainly I was pounding the table and yelling "NO LIMPING."

Evan
01-11-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hiz-ouse

[/ QUOTE ]
Reading this made me cry.

scrub
01-11-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd have folded to a pot-size raise, right Scrub?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have folded to a call.../images/graemlins/smile.gif

scrub

Luv2DriveTT
01-11-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hiz-ouse

[/ QUOTE ]
Reading this made me cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just for you Evan! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

scrub
01-11-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But really Borgata-hat-guy (again, apologies on the name) wins the honor for showing me how the big boys play NL... raising 18x the BB PF with 46o (no pair, no draws), leading into me for $25 on a monotone K-high board whose suit he didn't have, I make it $50 more and he 3-bets me for $100 more. That's balls, while I, on the other hand, have none since I meekly folded AK with no hearts.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, my buddy who you are talking about can not play NL worth a damn--tryin to learn something from the way he played is a waste of time... We were both just screwing around in that game while we waited to check in to the hotel because our 20 got crappy and I got burned out on twoplustwo drunken 2/4.

scrub

edtost
01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I somehow managed to sit at yet another table sunday morning w/ 2 2+2ers (scrub/ed) playing 1/2NL. It was a good time, I'm sure someone will post more later, I gotta run for now. Nice to meet everyone, had a great time

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember there being one hand we played against each other that the table commented about posting, but i don't remember it. do you?

scrub
01-11-2005, 03:52 PM
I think it was the one where I raised the kid who had 77...

scrub

edtost
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
nah, it was me and dmk heads-up on the turn, i just don't remember the action or what i had.

James282
01-11-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think it was a hand against Tournament Guy.
-James

scrub
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think it was a hand against Tournament Guy.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

T.G.!!!!!!!!!

scrub

scrub
01-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Also, your post on the hand with Carlos was fantastic. I'd like to think as actively at the table as you do when I grow up.

scrub

James282
01-11-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, your post on the hand with Carlos was fantastic. I'd like to think as actively at the table as you do when I grow up.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, ty.
-James

JEM7VSBL
01-11-2005, 11:13 PM
man...all of you hanging out the no-limit tables...I'm sure you all were there when i was, just wouldn't know it was you. anyone happen to be playing 6/12 the past few days...?

scrub
01-11-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
man...all of you hanging out the no-limit tables...I'm sure you all were there when i was, just wouldn't know it was you. anyone happen to be playing 6/12 the past few days...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not.

Flushed was playing 3/6, everyone else was playing red chip games.

scrub

JEM7VSBL
01-12-2005, 12:20 AM
hmmm, i was tempted to make the jump to the 10/20 game, but was a little scared of throwing that much money around. i asked some people at 6/12 how the 10/20 was, and i got mixed reactions. does it play anything like 6/12? maybe next time...

edtost
01-12-2005, 12:55 AM
almost as soft, and with a non-awful chip structure to boot, so expect more hands/hr.

JEM7VSBL
01-12-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
almost as soft, and with a non-awful chip structure to boot, so expect more hands/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, good point there, making change after every betting round defnitely seemed to take up a lot of time, depending on the dealer. i might make the jump next time i go.

dmk
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nah, it was me and dmk heads-up on the turn, i just don't remember the action or what i had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arg, at training for the week w/ almost no inet access!!

Umm...you had me covered, I had like 350 behind?

I have 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, you raise UTG to 15, I call. Flop AKx, 3 diamonds. You bet 30 or so, I call. Turn A, you check, I check. River Q diamond, you bet 60 I fold.

Also a big hand that happened vs a non2+2er. I have the table covered and a run of shitty cards anddecide I'm raising the next hand. Get 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP, open for 10, old guy min-raises on button, I can't possibly fold right? Flop 964, 2 clubs. I check, he just bets a stack w/ a random # of chips and I go all-in. He calls w/ AA, he loses, I get a billion ppl on my end of the table asking "did you really have 94?" Good hand me, good hand. At that point half the table probably thinks I'm a complete retard (which is only half-true), but I don't really get anything to take advantage of it the rest of the afternoon.