PDA

View Full Version : Weird NBA record last night

Zoltri
01-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Here is a future trivia question.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Richard Hamilton went into the NBA record book Thursday night with a bizarre distinction.

The Detroit Pistons swingman became the first player in league history to lead his team in scoring without making a field goal, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Hamilton, who had 14 points, missed all 10 of his shots from the floor and made all 14 free throws in a 101-79 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.

"It was just one of those nights," he said.

Hamilton, who averages a team-high 20.3 points on 43 percent shooting, wasn't the only one to have a rough outing. Memphis held the defending NBA champions to 31.3 percent shooting, forced 23 turnovers and blocked 15 shots.

"I never thought I would have to coach effort," Pistons coach Larry Brown said. "I've never had to do that in my entire life, and this is the last group that I expected to have to do it with.

"Maybe a game like this will make us recognize how bad it is."

WC64
01-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I read that this morning and thought it was pretty funny

Hack
01-07-2005, 11:22 AM
What's embarrassing is that the Pistons lost to the Grizzlies.

namknils
01-07-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's embarrassing is that the Pistons lost to the Grizzlies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst defending champions ever? I mean they won it all last year, didn't change their team at all, and now they suck? WTF?

Hack
01-07-2005, 11:35 AM
No, the Bulls were the worst defending champions ever, post-Jordan. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

namknils
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, the Bulls were the worst defending champions ever, post-Jordan. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but that was a completely dismantled and different team. This Pistons team is identical, yet they suck.

Hack
01-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, you didn't include that conditional. I guess then that the Pistons are the worst defending champions who have an identical returning team.

namknils
01-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Sorry, I tried to when I said they had an identical team.

I really didn't think hard about it, but it's just kind of strange that they are so bad and that Larry Brown's attitude is so bad. Not only that, but they are in the Eastern conference, even my hapless Bulls are 1-1 against them.

David Steele
01-07-2005, 12:02 PM
They are not that bad, only 2 games out of the division lead.
The Grizzlies are not that bad either.

D.

cab4656
01-07-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This Pistons team is identical

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. They lost almost every good bench player they had (Memo Okur, Corliss Williamson, Mike James) and only added McDyess. The team is very thin compared to last year.

namknils
01-07-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. They lost almost every good bench player they had (Memo Okur, Corliss Williamson, Mike James) and only added McDyess. The team is very thin compared to last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

What! Who, who, and who? Those players sucked and were not a big part of them winning the championship. But to agree with an earlier post, I didn't realize that they are 17-14. That's still bad, but I thought they were under .500.

Hack
01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
The Knicks have a winning record.

I am a Knicks fan.

Of course, it helps that they are in the worst division in the worst conference(East sux).

krazyace5
01-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Actually they had great depth on the bench last yr, this yr the bench blows.

bugstud
01-07-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What! Who, who, and who? Those players sucked and were not a big part of them winning the championship. But to agree with an earlier post, I didn't realize that they are 17-14. That's still bad, but I thought they were under .500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nam, look at their stats from last year. That's at least 12 boards and 18 points off the bench from okur and corliss alone