PDA

View Full Version : Movie scene that touched you the most.

partygirluk
01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
In The Pianist, which was not a great film, there is a scene that left me speechless. When emaciated Spilman is discovered by the Nazi officer, and plays the piano for the first time in years, it moved me greatly.

dsm
01-07-2005, 08:29 AM
There are so many. Here's one:

In "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest," at the end right after the Indian, while crying his eyes out, puts the now catatonic Nicholson out of his misery. He rips that incredibly heavy looking sink out of the floor; water shooting everywhere. He lifts it up over his head, gets a bit of a running start and chucks it through the barred window. Then he jumps through, and gracefully runs off into the wilderness.

-dsm

Reef
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In The Pianist, which was not a great film,

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree

[ QUOTE ]
there is a scene that left me speechless. When emaciated Spilman is discovered by the Nazi officer, and plays the piano for the first time in years, it moved me greatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

as it did me.

[censored]
01-07-2005, 09:05 AM
The threesome in Wild Things.

James Boston
01-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Kevin Costner playing catch with his father's ghost in Field of Dreams. Cheesy, but effective.

Zoltri
01-07-2005, 09:08 AM
"The Gambler" with James Cann.

Lauren Hutton asks James Cann why he gambles.
Cann says "I like the threat of losing"

I will never forget that line.
Imagine if you won at every thing you did with no risk of losing. After a while that would become old and tiresome but as long there is a risk the unknown outcome makes it that much more exciting.

This is why I gamble.

dr. klopek
01-07-2005, 09:14 AM
The end of Life Is Beautiful.

Lazymeatball
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
The disembowelment scene of "Braveheart" was pretty dramatic.

And on a tangent, I get pretty emotional when listening to John Waite's "Missing You" as it reminds me of the girl at work who transferred departments and I really enjoyed working with her compared to the incompetent ugly slackers I work with now. I hear the song on the bad soft rock radio station at work, as well as in the GTA:Vice City soundtrack.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The threesome in Wild Things.

[/ QUOTE ]
He said touched you most, not what made you touch yourself most.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHA! Are you serious? That was the dumbest thing ever. When he yells, "Freedommmmmm!"

gcoutu
01-07-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHA! Are you serious? That was the dumbest thing ever. When he yells, "Freedommmmmm!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is a moron, that was a moving scene in a great movie.

I think the first time I ever cried watching a movie was when Costner played catch with his father in Field of Dreams. I was fairly young and that was my favorite movie for a long time.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake is a moron, that was a moving scene in a great movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great movie. Stupid scene. the only thing moving about it was the way I was shaking with laughter.

2planka
01-07-2005, 10:30 AM
In Band of Brothers, when E company stumbles upon the concentration camp and the emaciated captives begin hugging the American soldiers.... waterworks.

Same episode a bit later, Liebgott has to tell the camp survivors that they're being locked up again for their own protection. The actor does a great job of crumbling after he utters the words.

youtalkfunny
01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
"To my big brother George--the richest man in town!"

Lazymeatball
01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Freedom part, with all his friends around, was very sad. and I was 14 at the time and wondering why I was sad over such a manly movie. What a confusing age.

slickpoppa
01-07-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"To my big brother George--the richest man in town!"

[/ QUOTE ]
classic

swede123
01-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Saving Private Ryan when the priest comes to deliver the bad news to Ryan's mom...

Cheers,

Swede

namknils
01-07-2005, 11:53 AM
The end of "Rudy"

And I'm not even a Notre Dame fan or a big football fan.

LALDAAS
01-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Ok here i go,

Brave heart..... That was an awsome seen!

1) Man on fire.--- When washingon gives his own life for the life of the little girl.

2) John Q.--- Again D. Washington willing to cut his own heart out to give to his sonn for a transplant.

3) E.T.--- I was 8yrs old I lost it when he almost died LOL

4) A Knights Tale.--- Not a great movie, however when the he goes to find his father in his home town. His father is now blind and pops learns his son is now a knight. This scene always gets me.

For the most part alot of drama movies dealing with father son scenes. I am 26, my parents divorced when I was 17 and left home. 10 years later I now understand excatly what not both parents did for me but more so my father working not 1 but 2 jobs around the clock.

Now my father is my best friend!

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

4) A Knights Tale.--- Not a great movie, however when the he goes to find his father in his home town. His father is now blind and pops learns his son is now a knight. This scene always gets me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible movie. I refuse to admit this scene does anything for me (even if it does).

lucas9000
01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
so many...the following is not all-inclusive and is not listed in any order of preference:

1) 25th hour - the "f*ck you" speech and the last scene with norton, pepper, and psh

2) deer hunter - the final russian roullette match

3) basically all of band of brothers and saving private ryan, if for no other reason than to remind and reinforce me of what those ww2 soldiers went through

4) rudy - obviously

5) boiler room - the part when giovanni gets arrested and they leave him alone with his dad

6) american history x - pretty much the whole thing

7) the end of it's a wonderful life

8) the scene in royal tenenbaums when owen wilson and gwenyth paltrow are in the little tent...i think the stones song is what really does it

10) basically all of requiem for a dream, but especially ellen burstin's (sp?) speech to her son about why she wants to be on tv

11) american beauty

there are a ton more but that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

OrangeHeat
01-07-2005, 12:16 PM
The end of Lucas when he gets the ovation was one.

Schindlers list at the end when he was lamenting over not saving more people was another.

Orange

elwoodblues
01-07-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The end of Lucas when he gets the ovation was one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scenes like that drive me nuts. It happens in so many movies, yet people still like it

Description of scene:
Person disrespected throughout movie. At climactic scene one person begins clapping (usually the lead disrespecter). Soon other join in leading to one of the schmultziest formulaic scenes ever.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Description of scene:
Person disrespected throughout movie. At climactic scene one person begins clapping (usually the lead disrespecter). Soon other join in leading to one of the schmultziest formulaic scenes ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
My friend calls these nerd-makes-good movies. Of course Revenge of the Nerds was the ultimate one. I'm suprised it isnt here yet. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

OrangeHeat
01-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Schmultz is goot.

CardSharpCook
04-17-2005, 03:36 AM
The natural when redford knocks out the lights.

Gattaca: the "how are you doing this, brother?" speech
"the 10,000 heartbeats overdue speech"

Army of darkness when Brisco County Jr. says, "gimme some sugar, baby."

JaBlue
04-17-2005, 03:37 AM
when the father in the italian flick life is beautiful gets shot

JMP300z
04-17-2005, 03:38 AM
I agree about requiem...

However,

21 grams.

every part of it. Mainly, Benicio Del toro's "this is hell speech" and especially naomi watt's "..she died with red shoe laces on" break down...my god.

-JP

A_C_Slater
04-17-2005, 03:39 AM
The ending of the movie Blow when he pretends that his daughter comes and visits him in the yard. Very sad.

siccjay
04-17-2005, 03:44 AM
When he sings the song on the plane in The Wedding Singer, that part is awesome.

Phoenix1010
04-17-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The end of Life Is Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect answer.

Phoenix1010
04-17-2005, 03:50 AM
No one here has probably seen it, but there's a Japanese animated movie called "Grave of the Fireflies" which is just about the saddest movie ever created. There are few humans alive who can sit through this thing without crying, especially at the end.

My non-dorky votes go to the endings of Finding Neverland, Life is Beautiful, and Blow.

-Phoenix

ucfryan
04-17-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the first time I ever cried watching a movie was when Costner played catch with his father in Field of Dreams. I was fairly young and that was my favorite movie for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately. Also:

Shawshank Redemption: When Andy and Red meet on the beach at the end.

Heat: When DeNiro gets taken out by Pacino at the end and they embrace and DeNiro says "I told you I ain't ever goin back."

Rocky: "There ain't gonna be no rematch."

There's a million, those are just a few off the top of my head.

kurosh
04-17-2005, 04:03 AM
I've seen it. Good movie.

SmileyEH
04-17-2005, 04:09 AM
I thought the ending of Sideways was fantastic. Very touching, but not overly dramatic or anything - just seemed to sum the movie up perfectly.

-SmileyEH

SmileyEH
04-17-2005, 04:11 AM
Also, the scene Chariots of Fire where the jewish guy (Andrew?) wins the 100m is incredible.

-SmileyEH

gamblore99
04-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Gattaca, when they play chicken for the last time
Braveheart disembowelment
Legends of the Fall, Brad Pitt trying to prevent his brother from getting killed

adsman
04-17-2005, 04:19 AM
The Blues Brothers when Belushi convinces Carrie Fisher in the water drain that he still really loves her. So sincere. So convincing. I still get tears ....

adsman
04-17-2005, 04:19 AM
The Blues Brothers when Belushi convinces Carrie Fisher in the water drain that he still really loves her. So sincere. So convincing. I still get tears ....

WillMagic
04-17-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Shawshank Redemption: When Andy and Red meet on the beach at the end

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what immediately came to mind for me. The first time I watched this film the final scene had as profound an effect on me as any film that I've seen before or since.

Two others:

The last scene of Five Easy Pieces
The last scene of The Third Man (It's not the most touching, persay...but it's probably the best final scene in the history of cinema.)

Will

Joe Tall
04-17-2005, 04:50 AM
I started crying during the 'bag scence' in American Beauty while in the theatre. I just lost it.

pshreck
04-17-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I started crying during the 'bag scence' in American Beauty while in the theatre. I just lost it.

[/ QUOTE ]

God : "Its just a bag!! Do you have any idea how complicated the central nervous system is?"

modaddy
04-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Jessie's story in Toy Story 2. Am I nuts?

Two scenes from Mr Holland's Opus: Glenn sending Rowena off to New York, and the final scene.

rmarotti
04-17-2005, 05:16 AM
When the Crusader reveals his chess strategy to Death in "Seventh Seal"

rmarotti
04-17-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Great movie. Stupid scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
04-17-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Great movie. Stupid scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Im jumping on this boat too. I always thought that last scene had so much unintentional humor. Shouting out freedom is just so ridiculous.

Blarg
04-17-2005, 05:33 AM
I'll probably pop in and out of this thread a bunch of times, but here's some.

The first that popped to my head: The last shot in Nights of Cabiria, of Giuletta Masina's face.

The scene in L'Atalante where the guy is heartbroken and bewildered looking for his wife, running to the edge of the water and having now place to go, then looking back into the camera. It's more famous as its stolen version, in Truffaut's "The 400 Blows."

The little girl in Wenders' "Alice in the Cities" was almost unbearably sad and beautiful in some of the traveling scenes.

Jimmy Stewart, in Vertigo, looking down from the bell tower after he's lost the love of his life not just once, but twice -- and he knows it's his fault. I don't know how his character could go on living after that.

In Jacob's Ladder, when the hero finally realizes he's dying, and sees his son.

And I've always thought that Eli Wallach running through the endless, whirring forest of crosses in the graveyard in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, while the music swells to operatic near hysteria, was incredibly moving and brilliant. Counterpointing the unstoppable, desperate folly of greed and mortal ambition with the oceanic enormity of death underlying it all and entwined all the way through it was just jaw-droppingly brilliant. Most of us have only seen that movie chopped into pieces by commercials and on our little t.v. screens, but on the big screen the way it's supposed to be, it's almost overwhelming in some parts. That movie's going to last a very, very, very long time.

Blarg
04-17-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately. Also:

Shawshank Redemption: When Andy and Red meet on the beach at the end.

Heat: When DeNiro gets taken out by Pacino at the end and they embrace and DeNiro says "I told you I ain't ever goin back."

There's a million, those are just a few off the top of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heat was an incredible movie. My vote there goes to the scene in the tunnel, where DeNiro is driving Amy to the airport and you see his face change back and forth extremely subtly, him joking back and forth with himself, and finally deciding to take the turn-off to the hotel and ruin his life just to kill the scumbag who betrayed him and his boys.

The scene where he confronts his Latino partner and asks him what he said was really touching too. When he asks his friend what he told the bad guys, and his friend says, "I don't remember," you can really feel for the guy and DeNiro too. And feel how DeNiro can't hate his friend for what he did. And when his friend talks about his wife being dead, and when his friend says, Homes, don't leave me like this, and DeNiro shoots him. You really get a lot of a sense of their friendship and how much they've both been hurt by all the things that have happened so quickly to them. First DeNiro wants to shoot his friend probably; then he doesn't. And then he has to anyway. Jeez what a mind and heart-fu_k.

Blarg
04-17-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one here has probably seen it, but there's a Japanese animated movie called "Grave of the Fireflies" which is just about the saddest movie ever created. There are few humans alive who can sit through this thing without crying, especially at the end.

My non-dorky votes go to the endings of Finding Neverland, Life is Beautiful, and Blow.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. That's one of my favorite movies of all time. I cried when I saw it. I love it but have trouble watching it again because even though it's so great, and great all the way through...you know what's going to happen. And it's made even more unbearable by the fact that the author wrote it about his own life, and has had to live a whole lifetime with the feeling, however right or wrong, of his own guilt. God, that must be terrible to carry around.

Still, I'm very glad that movie came into the world. It shows what a movie can actually be, and how good a movie can be.

bernie
04-17-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

End of round 2. Jurgens realizes this isn't going to be a cakewalk for creed. The sound of that bell will always make the fur go up on my arm.

Final line of that scene:

Announcer: "It's gonna be a tough one!"

Cue the music.

b

SCfuji
04-17-2005, 06:32 AM
when mandy moore tells her bf that she has cancer in a walk to remember. F U in advance, haters.

touchfaith
04-17-2005, 06:36 AM
The end of Meet Joe Black

Forrest Gump, when Forrest meets his son for the first time...

Gladiator...The restraint Maxximus shows when he first meets up with Commodus in the arena after the first battle. You can see it just burning him up...

Cheech and Chong's Next Movie, when Chong is in the Ferrari and they crash in the field of weed... I almost cried /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Martin Aigner
04-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Schindler´s List. Final scene, where the real survivors pass together with the actors Schindler´s grave,

Martin Aigner

Michael Emery
04-17-2005, 07:06 AM
I didnt have time to read all the replies so it might have already been said. But the end of "A wonderful life" gets my vote.

Mike Emery

Michael Emery
04-17-2005, 07:13 AM
This has to be the best drama, along with one of the best movies, I've ever seen. When brad pitt came home to see his father (anthony hopkins) who had a stroke. Hopkins then proceeds to write on a piece of chalkboard "I am happy now" as tears stream down his eyes. Great movie.

Mike Emery

AffleckKGB
04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two others:

The last scene of Five Easy Pieces
The last scene of The Third Man (It's not the most touching, persay...but it's probably the best final scene in the history of cinema.)

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

The Third Man was the worst movie I've ever seen in its entirety and I saw Ishtar in a theater.

FishBurger
04-17-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm always moved when I watch Jenna Jameson fellate some dude. She always seems to put so much of herself into it.

Jeff W
04-17-2005, 09:54 AM
The final scene in The Bicycle Thief. I won't spoil it for those who haven't watched the movie yet.

JMP300z
04-17-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when mandy moore tells her bf that she has cancer in a walk to remember. F U in advance, haters.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i cried like a littlee girl....not ashamed of it either.

WtR rules!

tripdad
04-17-2005, 11:35 AM
in "life is Beautiful", when the father plays the record comes to mind first.

also, i come really close to crying every week for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

cheers!

miajag81
04-17-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

8) the scene in royal tenenbaums when owen wilson and gwenyth paltrow are in the little tent...i think the stones song is what really does it

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, but it was Luke Wilson, not Owen...his suicide attempt scene always gets to me too...great movie

jesusarenque
04-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Robert Shaw's speech in Jaws about the Independence.

Drunk Bob
04-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Didn't Schindler disappear into the USSR in 1945?

J_V
04-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Does it pain you spend your whole life trying to be cool?

Drunk Bob
04-17-2005, 01:53 PM
The leftenant on top of the mast in Forrest Gump. Guess you had to be there.

Dominic
04-17-2005, 02:04 PM
There's tons....but for some reason, there's a quiet little scene in "Rudy," that gets me every time:

He's been rejected by Notre Dame every semester for two years....he gets his last chance letter from them - Rudy's been going to the community school next door - but for two years already - so if Notre Dame doesn't except him now, he won't be able to apply anymore. This is it.

He takes the letter, goes and sits down on a bench that overlooks the Noter Dame campus in the background.

Opens the letter. He starts to read it out loud...."Congratulations on being accepted...."

He can't continue because he starts choking up. He did it. He finally did it.

Makes me bawl every time. Hell,I'm tearing up right now just writing about it.

andyfox
04-17-2005, 02:08 PM
In Awakenings, when De Niro, unable to control his body, dances with Penelope Ann Miller in the lunchroom, and his body is under control under her touch, as a tear falls down her face.

Chairman Wood
04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Schindler's List, "This Car, this car, saved 8 more people..."

gvibes
04-17-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

That was going to be mine. Absolutely the saddest movie I've ever seen.

gvibes
04-17-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schindler's List, "This Car, this car, saved 8 more people..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember thinking that both that scene, and the one at the end, were a little forced. I haven't seen the movie in a little while, but I thought other parts were more moving.

trying2learn
04-17-2005, 03:06 PM
there's a scene at the end of millions where a boy gets to sit with his mother (in angel form) that got me pretty good...but then again i lost my mother so that was probably a given.

IndieMatty
04-17-2005, 03:26 PM
When John Candy tells Steve Martin that his wife died 8 years ago in Planes Trains and Automobiles.

chabibi
04-17-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Pianist

[/ QUOTE ]

the main charecter was my roomates great uncle

Vaughn
04-17-2005, 04:11 PM
The ending of Armageddon gets me every time.

Vaughn

ucfryan
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Speaking of Candy, the end of "Cool Runnings" gets me every time too. Man I miss not seeing John Candy.

IndieMatty
04-17-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Candy, the end of "Cool Runnings" gets me every time too. Man I miss not seeing John Candy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about him and Phil Hartman make me sad.

bort411
04-17-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one?

Happy Hour
04-17-2005, 04:26 PM
In Amelie, when she is leading the blind man through the street, describing everything to him.

WillMagic
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Third Man was the worst movie I've ever seen in its entirety and I saw Ishtar in a theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of opinion you don't want to publicize...it creates serious credibility issues when you do.

Will

InchoateHand
04-17-2005, 05:12 PM
9 1/2 Weeks....Oh wait. This wasn't the movie scene that made me touch myself the most was it?

astroglide
04-17-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it pain you spend your whole life trying to be cool?

[/ QUOTE ]

he really does seem to be going for some sort of record in this thread

Jules22
04-17-2005, 05:59 PM
the end of Blade Runner when Deckard gets saved by Roy Batty and just listens to Roy talk.

Roy: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.
[Deckard spits at Roy as he falls; Roy catches him with one hand.]
Roy: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

then Gaff, who has been likened to a prophet by some appears. Batty is dead. he has a short conversation with Deckard

Gaff: You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?
Deckard: Finished.
Gaff: It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

This scene gives me chills everytime i watch it. Pretty much the definition of perfect sci fi

siccjay
04-17-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Saddest. Movie. Ever.

thirddan
04-17-2005, 06:36 PM
very touching, this is the only time i've ever cried at a movie...

Phoenix1010
04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Another one: the final scene in The Last of the Mohicans, just after the funeral of Uncas, where the wise man predicts the end of the Native American culture due to the advancement of the European immigrants. The camera overlooks the wilderness as the sun sets, and Chingachgook gives a eulogy for his culture.

"The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us... No, it is true. The frontier place is for people like my white son and his woman and their children. And one day there will be no more frontier. And men like you will go too, like the Mohicans. And new people will come, work, struggle. Some will make their life. But once... we were here."

Truly one of the highest quality and most touching scenes in movie history.

-Phoenix

Blarg
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily one of my favorite lines in movies.

drdre2001mm
04-17-2005, 08:50 PM
The ending of Happy Gilmore when he sees Chubbs, Abe Lincoln, and the gator in the sky. Gets me everytime /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bigdaddydvo
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
In "The Passion" when Jesus carries the Cross, and Mary watches him fall...and has a flashback to him falling as a Child. When she meets him, she says "I'm here!" and he replies "See Mother, I make all things new." My eyes well up without fail everytime I see it (which is usually once a year during Lent).

-Skeme-
04-18-2005, 05:21 AM
When Forrest meets his son for the first time and gets choked up asking if he's either smart or retarded like himself. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

mmbt0ne
04-18-2005, 05:32 AM
I don't watch movies much, but the last time I cried hard was watching Love Actually (don't even start). I don't what scene got me started, but the little kid kissing the girl ended it for me.

I'm a vagina. I accept it. I tear up at really stupid stuff in movies.

Tron
04-18-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When Forrest meets his son for the first time and gets choked up asking if he's either smart or retarded like himself. Hit me like a ton of bricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part chokes me up for sure, but I actually shed tears when Forrest is speaking to Jenny at her grave.

JMP300z
04-18-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't what scene got me started, but the little kid kissing the girl ended it for me.

I'm a vagina. I accept it. I tear up at really stupid stuff in movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every Kiera knightly scene got me started... Elisha Cuthbert ended it for me. That little girl was cute but about 4 years too young imho.

Moozh
04-18-2005, 07:20 AM
I didn't see anyone else post this one. The scene that came immediately to my mind was at the end of Dead Poet's Society. Robin Williams' character has just been fired from the private school following Neil's 'incident' (don't want to spoil it all). When he walks out of his office after gathering his last posessions, the students stand on their desks in support of him showing that his message got through to them after all.

brokedickrooster
04-18-2005, 07:54 AM
When his parents bring him out to the backyard in his wheelchair to see the circus they have performing......waterworks.

synthtrance
04-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I saw as a kid and I remember crying because of the sad ending.
However, upon rewatching it now as a young adult, doesn't move me so much.

I thought the ending of Big Fish was moving.

chesspain
04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
The end of Rocky, when he's calling out for Adrienne, and she's calling his name as she's trying to get closer to the ring.

RYL
04-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Not in any particular order. Just putting down whatever's on the top of my head.

1)The ending of Shawshank Redemption. Wow.
2)Many scenes in Forrest Gump.
3)Boiler Room - The scene Seth say's, "No,no,no deal. No you take my father out the back door right now, and you bring him home. He has nothing to do with this case.I swear to god if his[Seth's father] name lands on one newspaper paper I do not testify and I mean that." Right after the look on his father's face... gives me knots in my neck just thinking about it
4)Ending of Braveheart. Everytime I hear the bagpipes in the background...
5)Ending of the Awakenings- just the fact that there is no cure....
6)Napoleon Dynamite- When Napoleon and Deb are playing the ball together at the end of the movie. Just saw this movie 2 days ago.
7)Ghost- When they replay the main song near the end of the movie. The dancing scene. My mom's favorite movie. She passed away in '91.

and many others.

kevyk
04-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Thread over.

ArchAngel71857
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
The end of High Noon where he shoots the villain dead, the town comes out from hiding. He throws down his gun and hs badge, basically telling everyone to [censored] off. hops onto his carriage with his woman and peaces out.

-AA

goofball
04-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Tombstone - "you called down the thunder well now you've got it"

A Beautiful Mind - the scene where she tells him she's not going ot have him commited again.

Corny I know but Independence day "Today, we celebrate our independence day"

drexah
04-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Apollo 13, anyone? I remember crying in the theatre when i was younger. Also Requiem for a Dream, oh and recently, The Last Samurai really got me at the end when Tom Cruise and the Samurai leader were gunned down at the end in the field.

einbert
04-28-2005, 09:06 AM
In Bottle Rocket, when Anthony Adams was asked why he went crazy and he replied:

"One morning, over at Elizabeth's beach house, she asked me if I'd rather go water-skiing or lay out. And I realized that not only did I not want to answer THAT question, but I never wanted to answer another water-sports question, or see any of these people again for the rest of my life."

einbert
04-28-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Myrtle
04-28-2005, 10:52 AM
The Deer Hunter - Christopher Walkien’s suicide scenes.....I spent my time there.....I cannot and will not ever watch that movie again....that scene embodies the complete lunacy of those times, and brings back a fear that I don’t ever care to feel again.

Field of Dreams - After the field clears of players and Costner says ‘but, what’s in it for me’ ........the look on his face, supported by Shoeless Joe’s smirk, when Costner first realizes that the lone catcher on the field is his father. Have watched it many times....tears still well up in my eyes when I see it.....for all of the misunderstandings between fathers and son’s realized too late.

Shawshank Redemption – When Red finds the tin under the tree in the field; reads the letter and makes his way to Andy in Mexico............ It somehow rights all of the wrongs in the world.

Rocket Gibraltar – Wonderful film with Burt Lancaster as the family patriarch who has just died, and how his grandchildren scheme to give him the Viking funeral that they all knew he wanted. Against great odds, they get it done in the end, and the final few minutes are simply heartwarming.

Legends of the Fall – This movie is full of so many moving scenes that it’s too hard to pick a favorite. The music is absolutely haunting and amplifies the bittersweet reality of the tragic randomness of life's events that befall one family.

On Borrowed Time – An old classic..... difficult to find, but if you can, do so.........

Big Fish – If you have a daughter, don’t watch it with her unless you want her to see you cry..........

daryn
04-28-2005, 11:02 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

God : "Its just a bag!! Do you have any idea how complicated the central nervous system is?"

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't it circulatory system? i don't even like family guy but i have a good memory.

JDErickson
04-28-2005, 11:02 AM
The scene in Schindlers List where the women in the prison camp are cutting their fingers and putting the blood on their face as rouge to hope to avoid getting gassed.

Soul Daddy
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When his parents bring him out to the backyard in his wheelchair to see the circus they have performing......waterworks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are correct, sir. I knew my answer was from this movie, but I couldn't recall the exact scene.

chaas4747
04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Piss scene - R.Kelly sex tapes

nickey009
04-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I was checking through the thread to see if anyone else put this one down. Armageddon just kills me when Bruce rips that patch off of Affleck's arm.

BiffMan
04-28-2005, 01:47 PM
An odd little moment, but when I first saw Contact in the theater and the movie is ending, right as they fade to black, they put up "For Carl" on screen. Don't know why, but instantly teared up at that.

Guess I kind of grew up on Cosmos and am thankful to him for helping give me my love of science, but didn't expect I'd have that sort of reaction to something as simple as that.

In a similar vein, when they put up the dedication to Challenger in front of Star Trek IV, that must have been a right time/right place sort of thing because the whole theater got real quiet, gave muted applause, and you could hear sobbing around you. Don't know for me if it was the dedication or the crowd's reaction that got me most, but that one also stands out.

Mansavage
04-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I haven't read all the responses so I apologize if this is a repeat.

The scene in Titanic when the boat is going down and the show an old couple hugging on the bed as the water rushes in...then switches to a mother reading her kids to sleep right before the water gets there gets me every time.

I also nominate the scene in Glory the night before the final battle around the campfire. Very touching.

turnipmonster
04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
I lost it in saving private ryan when the guy reads the letter from abraham lincoln.

drewjustdrew
04-28-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tombstone - "you called down the thunder well now you've got it"

A Beautiful Mind - the scene where she tells him she's not going ot have him commited again.

Corny I know but Independence day "Today, we celebrate our independence day"

[/ QUOTE ]

Independence Day when Randy Quaid becomes the hero killing himself in the process.

Little Giants when the busy father finally shows up for a game and they tell the kid to "Run toward Daddy"

BruceZ
04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
In Goodwill Hunting, when the professor and Field's medal winner is crawling on the floor trying to recover the charred remains of Will's proof that Will just set on fire, and he says:

Professor: "You're right. I can't do this proof. I'm sorry I ever met you. Because then I wouldn't have to face every day knowing that someone like you is out there...and I wouldn't have to watch you throw it all away."

Catch of the Day
04-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Hotel Rwanda
Glory: When Denzel is getting whipped, and one tear falls.
Passion of the Christ: The scourging and crucifixion.
Seabiscut: The last race scene.
Schindlers list too.

There are others I am sure...

Catch-

Ricky Slade
04-28-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Independence Day when Randy Quaid becomes the hero killing himself in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quaid couldn't be any more annoying in this movie

jaym
04-28-2005, 04:15 PM
"I'm pilot. I kin fly &lt;hiccup&gt;"

Man on Fire - End scene where Peta was set free and Denzel traded his life for the kidnapper's brother.

dogsballs
04-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I always like the end of A river Runs Through It, where the old guys fishing in the river and the narrations going on.

Los Feliz Slim
04-28-2005, 08:20 PM
The final scene of "E.T."

The scene in "Big Fish" where Billy Crudup carries his father to the river.

CourtesyFlush
04-28-2005, 09:07 PM
The end of Million Dollar Baby is pretty powerful.

CanKid
04-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Road to Perdition, when Hanks mowed down Newman in the raining street

DireWolf
04-28-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

6) american history x - pretty much the whole thing

[/ QUOTE ]