PDA

View Full Version : Standard, right? AKo.

Grease
01-07-2005, 03:18 AM
UTG was kinda of the aggressive side, CO was a wonderful little fishy on my playerview. The river is pretty standard, right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Nick C
01-07-2005, 03:36 AM
It looks good to me. If UTG flopped a set or aces up, he showed a lot of patience on the turn.

Plus, it's fun to 3-bet river checkraises, when you have the hand to do it.

I'll admit that I wouldn't feel as good anymore when UTG capped the river, but I'd still think there was a good chance that I had better trip aces.

bisonbison
01-07-2005, 03:38 AM
I would call the river raise.

SamIAm
01-07-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I would have 3-bet it. Their play just fits the "I have an ace" model too well. I understand that maybe the villian has TT or AT or something, but if an aggressive player check-raises me on the river, I think I'd 3-bet it, too.

I'd actually like to hear an argument convincing me otherwise. (Maybe with more than 6 words. /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) Do you think an aggressive player is slow-playing his AT or 22? (Note that he didn't raise preflop, so TT is a less likely.)
-Sam

SamIAm
01-07-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd actually like to hear an argument convincing me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought of one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I forgot that CO was still in the hand. It sure seems likely he'll call for one MORE bet, since he called a river-bet already. The over-call makes the Bison's call the right play, since you're NOT risking any more money by going for CO's money, where as going for UTG's costs money to make money.
-Sam

sthief09
01-07-2005, 05:10 AM
he could have any A in this spot. I'd expect an aggressive player to put in a lot more bets postflop with aces up or a set, wouldn't you? when he check raises, he's strongly representing trips. just calling teh check-raise is really weak IMO

Chris Daddy Cool
01-07-2005, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would stuff a 3-bet down his throat.

Grease
01-07-2005, 01:06 PM
He had A3s and MHIG.

Nick C
01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had A3s and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, see, there's no good reason at all for UTG to cap the river. But our opponents do things like that sometimes.

Grease
01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
When he capped, I got slightly worried. When I saw his hand, notes were made.