1. Goldfinger
2. Dr. No
3. From Russia with Love
4. Live and Let Die
5. The Man with the Golden Gun

I haven't seen some of them in a while, so i could change my mind

kyro
01-06-2005, 11:56 PM
i am a HUGE bond fan, but i find goldfinger to be terribly overrated. not even in the top 10 bond movies in my opinion.

slickpoppa
01-07-2005, 12:00 AM
are you kidding me, that was my #1 without even thinking about, and i think many would agree with me

kyro
01-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes, many would agree with you. I just find it utterly boring.

My Top Five: (Now that I know you're talking about BOND movies and your five favorite movies aren't just Bond movies)

1: Goldeneye - Can't explain it really. I don't know if it's the "best." But it was the first one I ever saw, and it's the reason I fell in love with the rest of the series.

2: From Russia With Love
3: For Your Eyes Only
4: The Living Daylights (I know I know, I'm alone on this one too.)
5: Die Another Day - I rarely see movies in the theater. It's even rarer I see them twice in the theaters. This is one of the few I saw twice in the theaters. A nice step up from TND and TWINE.

[censored]
01-07-2005, 02:12 AM
I don't have a top 5 but I recognize only Sean Connery as James Bond which narrows the field quite a bit.

Chizoad
01-07-2005, 02:22 AM
Clearly #1 is Goldfinger.

2. From Russia with Love
3. Live and Let Die (Best Roger Moore by far. GW Pepper is the greatest)
4. Dr. No
5. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

TimTimSalabim
01-07-2005, 04:04 AM
I recognize only George Lazenby as Bond.

Duke
01-07-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I recognize only George Lazenby as Bond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recognize them all except Tomothy Dalton and Roger Moore.

Bonds in order of quality:

Brosnan, Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Moore.

Yeah Connery was great, but Brosnan was born to play Bond. And Dr. Angelo.

~D

slickpoppa
01-07-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Brosnan, Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Moore.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is heresy! Sean Connery is the best Bond without a doubt. Do you remember the way he used to slap the bond girls' asses? No way Pierce Brosnan could pull that off.

TimTimSalabim
01-07-2005, 04:55 AM
For those who get the Encore movie channel, there's a Bond marathon on the weekend of Jan 14-16.

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My Top Five: (Now that I know you're talking about BOND movies and your five favorite movies aren't just Bond movies)

1: Goldeneye - Can't explain it really. I don't know if it's the "best." But it was the first one I ever saw, and it's the reason I fell in love with the rest of the series.

5: Die Another Day - I rarely see movies in the theater. It's even rarer I see them twice in the theaters. This is one of the few I saw twice in the theaters. A nice step up from TND and TWINE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your #1 Bond movie stars Pierce Brosnan? You're clearly an idiot.

Lazymeatball
01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not an idiot, he's just a johnny come lately. Brosnan did a great job of picking up the series just when it was getting stagnant.

1. Diamonds are Forever
2. Goldfinger
3. You only live twice
4. Live and Let Die
5. GoldenEye

Disclamier: this list is subject to change following the next TNT Bond marathon. But Sean Connery is the opriginal Bond. No one else loves them and leaves them like the Scotsman.

ps. i also love Octopussy for some reason. Probably the name alone, as well as the Circus freaks.

AJay2000
01-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Sean Connery is the quintessential Bond, but I truly feel that Pierce Brosnan WAS born to play the role. It is unfortunate, however, that he got a few REALLY lousy movies to try his hand at bond. That being said, my number 1 is, of course:

1. Goldeneye.

I've been watching Bond ever since I was a kid, and this is the PERFECT Bond film. It's not even close, and you all should see why. It has everything in it. I know that some of you say Goldfinger or Live and Let Die, and:

2. Goldfinger
3. Live and Let Die

All three are the respective Bond actors's best work, and the three best Bond films of all time in my opinion.

The next two are tough:

4. Dr. No
5. On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Dr. No is severely underrated, mostly because most people have never seen it. It's a great movie, and always fun to hear Connery say "Nassau." 'Her Majesty's' is so under the radar and underrated by all but the hardcore fans, the last scene is one of my all time Bond favorites, but I woun't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. Bonus: Married Bond.

No offense to other posters, but in my opinion 'Diamonds are Forever' and 'You Only Live Twice' are forgettable.

I could ramble on with my unimportant opinions about this, but I need to go to work.

Peace!

- Jay

Lazymeatball
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Since I'm the only one who mentioned DAF or YOLT, I guess you mean me. That's ok, I'm not offended, they are just two movies I really enjoy watching. If you were to mention which Bond moive has the best character development and artistic value, then From Russia with love would have to be it, it just gets kind of boring the 10th time.

kenberman
01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
The Man with the Golden Gun is certainly the most underrated.

Other top 4 are:

From Russia with Love
Goldfinger
Dr. No
Goldeneye

Top 3 Bond theme song's:

A View to a Kill
Live and Let Die
Nobody Does it Better (baby you're the best)

kyro
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for your insightful opinion douchebag.

for what it's worth, if you even read my post, i didn't say i necessarily thought it was the "best." it's merely my favorite. heaven forbid someone might have different tastes?

kyro
01-07-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you remember the way he used to slap the bond girls' asses? No way Pierce Brosnan could pull that off.

[/ QUOTE ]

very very very true. brosnan is still my favorite by just a little bit though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
01-07-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
very very very true. brosnan is still my favorite by just a little bit though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
There's something very, very wrong with you.