PDA

View Full Version : Picks for this week

10-18-2001, 03:11 PM
Just one:

UNLV -4 VS Colorado St.

UNLV has been solid in their last three games. Colorado St played well against Fresno, but that was at home and they have not proven themselves on the road this year. Even though Colorado St is 3-3 ATS this year, it seems to me that the oddmakers have not caught on to the fact that this Colorado St team is not as good as the one from the last couple of years.

UNLV crushed San Diego St 31 - 3, who defeated Colorado St.

After that brutal overtime loss to Fresno, I expect for Colorado St to be flat against UNLV.

Another factor to consider is the revenge factor. Colorado St has won the last 5 meetings. It's UNLV's turn to win.

Rounder07

10-18-2001, 05:51 PM
great analysis..gotta bet the rebs,,,gl

10-19-2001, 12:47 AM
No doubt about it though UNLV has the best talent outside of Provo in this conference, its just they don't always display it out on the field. They underachieved mightily for the first few weeks and then have turned it around, physically manhandling BYU for most of the game but finding a way to lose and then running over Nevada and SDSU. I worry about this team though, Robinson has been talking up this 7-4 with a bowl game hype since the BYU loss, maybe the team gets distracted since they are playing like they feel there is no margin for error. In any event the worst thing about this team is they are going to lose if they fall behind early. Thomas is a terrible QB right now, he can only get it done when they have the play action working. He needs coaching in the worst way and its obvious the Rebels don't have their man for that. When he is forced to throw he locks onto one receiver and forces it in. Not to mention his arm strength is greatly over-rated I think as he throws about the most dangerous looking out patterns you have ever seen. Because the special teams and the running game have done well last couple of games I would pass on this game, those have been crucial to getting the lead for the Rebels, but I would be leery to bet them because they won't come back if they make a couple of early mistakes and are forced to throw more than they want. Not to mention Lubick is among the best coach around when getting points, they are now 23-10 ATS in his 9 years there as a dog, including 14-4 as a road dog last 7 years.