PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet this Flop and who folds the Turn/River

Carmine
01-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (9.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.16 BB

Harv72b
01-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Raise preflop, especially with a poster + the blinds still in the hand.

I'd 3-bet the flop...the raise is more likely a draw than something that beats top pair (at least at that point), and I want to get all those jacks &amp; queens out now if I can (to say nothing about nines &amp; sevens).

I would also raise the turn, but call a 3-bet. If I'm 3-bet on the turn, I just call the river (quads is unlikely but still possible, as is someone limping JJ-AA), but there's no way I'm folding this hand.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Raise or fold preflop. Probably raise. Once you do that the whole hand plays differently.

PokeHer
01-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I do not like raising ATo with 3 callers in front of me, not to mention the 2 blinds and the limper. You will have at least 3 callers and possibly 6. I think ATo is just too weak for to raise there. Now, say MP1 and MP3 had folded, and only MP2 had vol. put money in the pot, I think the raise is OK. Anyone strongly disagree?

me454555
01-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Why raise this? You're just tossing away money. None of the limpers are folding for 1 bet and you have a hand that is likely to make TP in a multiway pot. A raise just makes the pot bigger and you don't necessarily have much of a pf equity edge. By just limping along, you can levearge a flop bettor and make the rest of the field call 2 cold.

3 bet the flop. Theres a very good chance you can could be ahead on this draw heavy board. It makes the rest of the hand alot easier to play.

Raise the turn b/c you didn't raise the flop and you have position.