PDA

View Full Version : tips on keeping your emotions in check

Firetrap
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
First the hand - 2/5n/l

10 handed all fold to seat 6 who makes it $15 - has $400

seat 7 calls he has $350

folded to me: SB 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif have $705 - i call

BB with $200 also calls

so pot is $60

seat 7 and BB are new to me and seem to be playing solid enough. Seat 6 the raiser is a bit of a gambler who tends to raise really big amounts on strong hands - i put him on possibly KQ KJ or maybe AT something like that here.

Any way flop comes K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

on me - i bet out $60
BB folds
Seat 6 raises to $150
Seat 7 folds
without too much thought I put him all in - im 98.4% (a significant number) sure i have the best hand.

He thinks and thinks - and calls.

Hole cards dont get turned over until the end of hand (surely they should change this!!), so ...

Turn is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
River is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

his cards turn to reveal.......K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

After screaming several swearwords for a little while i finally found the clarity of mind to type...NH - which i like to do rather than berate people, wouldnt give them the pleasure of knowing im upset.

This hand and the $830 lost money stuck in mind though, replayed it over and over - even went to cardplayers odd calculator to check how big a favourite i was (yes 98.4%).

Anyway i was thinking about it so much i decided to leave to settle down. Which got me thinkin - on my best days i can forget about these quickly and concentrate on the next hand and the rest of the session, but it is a fairly hit and miss affair.

Can you constantly keep it together in the face of this sort of occurance and if so how?

ps wackiest answer wins a prize /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TrailofTears
01-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I pull one off every time I take a bad beat like this. That way, even when I lose, I win.

- ToT

p.s. This also forces me to stop playing when I have too many bad beats, saving me money and preventing inevitable ED.

Firetrap
01-06-2005, 07:57 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL - love it.

Not sure if i have that many in me in one day though /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Ah yes, the age-old tradition of following up bad beats with good beats.

Tilt
01-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh that made me laugh very hard.

pho75
01-07-2005, 12:28 PM
When that happens to me, I go wack-off. It calms me down.

Hey! You did say the "wack"iest answer wins a prize.

pho75
01-07-2005, 12:31 PM
I can't believe I wrote my reply without reading this on first. And I though I was being original.

amoeba
01-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I hope you are the only one using your keyboard.