PDA

View Full Version : aq in step 3 ,4 players

ardie
01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Step 3 tourney at pp, 4 players left. No showdowns just alot of allins and folds. hero is in 2nd chip position to big blind. Utg and Utg+1 fold. Button pushes. Hero has aq? Hero? Anyone who wouldn't push at this point?

Irieguy
01-06-2005, 07:34 PM
You need to know the precise chip counts, blinds, and how many hands left at the level to answer this question.

Irieguy

ardie
01-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Irie, my question was based more on the fact that only the top three advance. #4 repeats, the chip leader was in the big blind. I pushed he pushed. Unfortuneately I didn't improve against kj and 1010 and a jack came. What I'm curious about since the top 3 advance would it make sense to fold and wait til the button and push with any two etc.

rjb03
01-06-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Irie, my question was based more on the fact that only the top three advance. #4 repeats, the chip leader was in the big blind. I pushed he pushed. Unfortuneately I didn't improve against kj and 1010 and a jack came. What I'm curious about since the top 3 advance would it make sense to fold and wait til the button and push with any two etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like he said, the exact chip counts would be extremely helpful here and how big the stacks are compared to the blinds. How far are you from third and how far is third from fourth? Also, you described a 5 handed scenario here.

gusly
01-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Need the info Irieguy requested. That being said, I would most likely not push because the player acting behind me has me covered. Why tangle with a stack that can knock you out instead of a stack that you can intimidate? This isn't a situation where you're playing for first place, the prize is the same for a third place finish.

Saying you're 2nd to BB/chip leader doesn't give enough info. What's the threat to him? Are you half his stack size or almost the same so you'll cripple him if he loses?

And what about the other players, if they're not much of a threat to either you or the chip leader, and the blinds are about to increase... well, you can see why that additional info is relevant to a decision, no?

curtains
01-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk and ignore the question, but asking the question without giving proper details is perhaps a sign that you don't pay enough attention to chip stacks when you are actually playing. It's important to understand that it's just impossible to answer your question without those details.