PDA

View Full Version : KK from UTG

tadams
01-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 16.66 BB

Lost Wages
01-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I've been know to limp reraise a time or two but I only do it first in. With the UTG poster I go ahead and raise, your chances of "stealing" the blinds is nil.

I check the river and hope to showdown my 3rd best hand for free.

Lost Wages

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Don't just call UTG with kings. Stupid in my mind. The other guy would've 3-bet and you could've capped. Missed bet here when you have the best hand. I suspect you're up against Ace/shitty (they are prolly sooooooted /images/graemlins/grin.gif). But other than preflop, played correctly.

hardinda
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree, that this should be raised UTG

tadams
01-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the comments. Two players did have an A and one had two pair. Not sure why no one raised.

ecooke
01-06-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't want to be overly critical, but I think the PF limp re-raise is among the most pointless play in limit hold'em. The hero has cowboys, just bet them and get on with it.

chesspain
01-06-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't just call UTG with kings. Stupid in my mind. The other guy would've 3-bet and you could've capped. Missed bet here when you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are stupid are these comments. The reason one attempts a limp-reraise is that for most players they have a much wider range of hands with which they will raise vs. those with which they will three-bet. And since we can't actually see our opponents' cards...

ecooke
01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason one attempts a limp-reraise is that for most players they have a much wider range of hands with which they will raise vs. those with which they will three-bet. And since we can't actually see our opponents' cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm... this seems logical enough but risk vs. reward also indicates that every time the Hero opens up the action to additional opponents by limping, thus decreasing his share of the pot, and allows the PF play to slide through unraised a mathematical catastrophe has occurred. Are we in agreement?
The only reason I will limp KK (which in small stakes is exactly never) is to mix up my play against observant opponents.

chesspain
01-06-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
every time the Hero opens up the action to additional opponents by limping, thus decreasing his share of the pot, and allows the PF play to slide through unraised a mathematical catastrophe has occurred. Are we in agreement?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call it a "catastophe," especially since the pot is fairly small when Hero acts. However, I wouldn't attempt a limp-reraise unless I was at a table where most pots were being raised preflop.

Rah
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Limp-reraise with kings is dangerous, as opposed to doing so with aces. One good reason to raise UTG with kings is to get rid of weak aces.