PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Euro live hand from amsterdam

amoeba
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Bear with me as I'm usually a low stakes PL/NL player

normally I wouldn't sit down at a table like this but the players were really new (1 guy was first time playing).

Villain in this hand was fairly solid though.

Preflop:

Hero is dealt UTG: QQ

Hero raise, 1 call, Villain in CO 3 bets, Hero Caps, fold, Villain calls.

flop:

8 9 T rainbow

Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero raises, villain calls.

Turn : 3

Hero bets, villain calls.

River : J

Hero checks??

tipperdog
01-06-2005, 06:25 PM
I'd have led out on the flop for certain. If villan has a hand like AK (very possible), you can't risk the free card.

River is a clear missed value bet. The only hand that beats you is exactly KQ (a possible but unlikely holding). Also, it's highly unlikely you'll induce a bluff from an AK-type hand. I expect that your bet would have been called.

pheasant tail (no 18)
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Bet. You will get called by a worse hand more often, imo, than you will catch bluffs or be dead to KQ.

amoeba
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree with you guys that I should have definitely bet the river.

What about the flop though?

do most guys with AK check that flop in limit when checked to them? I haven't played limit at these stakes before.

CanKid
01-06-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River : J

Hero checks??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you were check raising.

amoeba
01-06-2005, 06:43 PM
of course.

I was not afraid of KQ.

Alexthegreat
01-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Okay good, cause yeah, the river isn't a missed value bet, the river is a check-raise attempt.....I like it if the villian is aggressive, because he will surely bet at it if he is....I'm not sure about this villian, I would have just bet....I like betting though........

Kaz The Original
01-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Often AK will raise that flop if you bet it at them, and so you can three bet and charge the most. Who's bluffing that river?

So, lead the flop, bet the river, all else is good.

amoeba
01-06-2005, 07:55 PM
really? AK raises when they miss the flop in limit? are they doing so to fold out other AK? or perhaps that a lower pair checks the turn?

again, I haven't played limit in a long time so I am unclear on these concepts.

bobbyi
01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do most guys with AK check that flop in limit when checked to them?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had just called the three-bet preflop, he would certainly bet AK here when checked to. But you showed a lot of strength by capping. Checking the flop heads up after capping preflop is very suspicious. It seems really, really unlikely that you are about to fold and also pretty unlikely that AK is best (although it may be tied), so some people would take a free card with AK. But some would bet anyway. It depends on the player.

amoeba
01-06-2005, 08:13 PM
thats a good point. I did not consider what my preflop actions would cause a player with AK to do.

so in this case is the general recomendation

preflop is fine

bet the flop

bet the turn

bet the river?

Kaz The Original
01-07-2005, 03:22 AM
They will do it to get a free card on the turn as well as to get value out of other over cards. Heads up after capped pre flop is very aggressive.